MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Tabs > Power Tab Corner
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 2005-04-12, 16:23
Post-whore

it works for me..
Old 2005-04-12, 19:09
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

For some reason it worked for me too, but was the wrong format to submit here I'll try it again now (I was at school before)
Old 2005-10-01, 13:18
Senior Metalhead

I don't know what you guys are all talking about. A person doesn't have to know ANY theory to be able to use powertab properly.

Unless you count understanding note durations tempos and time sigs as theory, but I've never heard someone call that theory. Anyway it's still pretty easy to learn the timing aspects of the program, even in funny time signatures. It always displays how many notes you need to add (or delete) from the bar you're working on to get it to be perfect.

I also found that in most powertabs I have seen there is at least one error somewhere if you look for it. This of course makes it waaaaay better than regular tabs that on average seem to contain more errors.

Perhaps one of the coolest features of the program is the 'import function'. If you have (or find on the net) a midi file that you would like to learn, you can import it into powertab and it is all automatically tabbed out for you. All you do is click 'file' then 'import' then 'midi' and you select the midi you want. I've heard the coolest Holy Wars (there were mistakes of course, but it sounded awesome!) midi a couple of years ago and was amazed that it w could be so easily converted to powertab.

The ability to slow down songs with the tempo marker makes this program my favorite way to learn a song (other than by having someone else personally teach me it that is).
I say do away with it. You can always stand in its former location if you need to make use of the perspective it gave you, but will benefit from the ability to situate yourself in different loci with ease.
Destroy the box.
Old 2005-10-28, 02:00
New Blood

I feel almost like im cheating using this thing! It makes it so much easier to plan songs out then wasting tons of paper, erasing, blah. And you can hear it right there! So awesome!!!

I even wrote a solo that I cant even play up to speed (yet) and it plays it perfectly how i want it. Im in love

I understood everything I needed to make a song within 30 minutes. Its not hard. Yeah I think you need to know some theory (notes, intervals, time signatures, tempos, triplets, blah), and how time is kept. But thats about it! Very easy. I give it a
Old 2005-11-02, 12:38
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Send a message via MSN to Robbie Filth
I havn't really read through the Powertabs thread yet but i can't figure this out for shit i can't even work out how to delete a wrong note. I got it today and i been using guitar pro 4 for a while and i can use that fine.

Also i'd like to know about i can hear a bass line in other tabs on here but i can't find the bass line on the actual tab.

Last edited by Robbie Filth : 2005-11-02 at 13:06.
Old 2005-11-22, 18:55
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Filth
I havn't really read through the Powertabs thread yet but i can't figure this out for shit i can't even work out how to delete a wrong note. I got it today and i been using guitar pro 4 for a while and i can use that fine.

Also i'd like to know about i can hear a bass line in other tabs on here but i can't find the bass line on the actual tab.

To delete a note: click on the note (so that it is selected), then press 'delete' on your keyboard.

The bass and treble sections are separated. Press F3 to get to the bass section and F2 to get back to the treble section.

If this pisses you off you can just put a bass in the guitar section so that all the instruments are on one page. Go to 'guitar in' and create a new guitar but make it a bass, then add a bass clef.
I say do away with it. You can always stand in its former location if you need to make use of the perspective it gave you, but will benefit from the ability to situate yourself in different loci with ease.
Destroy the box.
Old 2005-11-22, 19:15
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to SARS
small hint - if you want to insert a music bar (i.e. this > | ) shortcut and click "F"

Don't know whether anyone else has picked up on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matamoros
I feel almost like im cheating using this thing! It makes it so much easier to plan songs out then wasting tons of paper, erasing, blah. And you can hear it right there! So awesome!!!

Go to the berzerker.com > tabs. Click on one, you'll notice that they appear in the exact same format as a Power Tab would if you were to export it to notepad/html.

Whether this was done before or after recording, who knows. I'm betting on before.