MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 2006-10-04, 21:08
Ludd's Avatar
Ludd Ludd is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hell
Posts: 269
Quote:
not all of those translations are entirely accurate


1) And here is the same absurd argument you always get 'you're reading it out of context.' Blah, blah, blah. Bullshit.

First, this is from the King James Version of the Bible, which, as you may be aware, a large majority (non-Catholic) of Christians take as 'the very word of god'.

Second, the next thing you hear when you bring up unicorns in either:

A) no, it was some sort of Middle Eastern rhino (Ha!) they were talking about

or

B) no, it was some animal that lived back then that went extinct. (And the evidence for this animal is...where?)

OR

C) oh, it's an OX when in other parts of the bible they are clearly talking about a fucking OX:

Exd 21:28 If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned, and his flesh shall not be eaten; but the owner of the ox [shall be] quit. (KING JAMES VERSION)

Point being ... IT'S MYTHOLOGY.

Quote:
If you're going to suggest I read the Bible, I'm going to suggest you read more than one


2) I have read more than one. Here's an idea, before you start arguing from ignorance and recite a bunch of crap you learned in Theology 101 why don't you try reading ONE of them.

Quote:
if you know what a zombie is, you shouldn't make this mistake


3) I'm guessing you actually believe in all of this nonsense in the first place if you believe that zombies are real.

Quote:
#2 is still incredibly stupid. Are you supposed to be shaming them because Jews were violent way back when everybody was? Oooooooooh. Great thinking.


4) First off learn to fucking read. I didn't say anything about the Hebrews in #2. If you are going to try and debate me at least have the fucking courtesy to read the shit you are very poorly attacking.
Second, as far as the Ancient Hebrews go, they are by far NOT the only tribe of barbarians that went around murdering people in the name of their fake god. I never said that. The point I was making is that they are by far the most successful barbarian tribe of all times. In a way I give a grudging respect to them. But don't come at me with that 'you're not allowed to say anything about the Hebrews because that's just wrong' bullshit. I'm not talking about modern day Jews. I'm talking about their ancestors.

Quote:
You might as well ask why a bunch of barbarous people had a bunch of children that had more children, one of whom ended up being a dumb shit on an internet site.


And stop talking about your stupid ass like that.

Quote:
I'm not glossing over the fact that religion has been responsible for thousands of deaths


5) Here's an idea... and seriously, I mean this from the bottom of my heart...shut the fuck up and read some history. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Thousands of people? Do you think the moon is like 100 miles away? Do you have any concept of big things? I bet it would only take us a couple of minutes to walk to China? Really, honestly, seriously, just shut the fuck up.

Quote:
Every barbarous act a people committed in the name of the Judeo-Christian god was matched by the ones committed when they weren't Jews, Christians, or Muslims.


6) Oh WOW, really? I had no idea. You mean other people murdered people for no reason too??? I can't believe it. That's unbelievable. I had no idea.

Quote:
It's in most peoples' natures to be violent,


7) No, there is no such thing as 'human nature'. Human nature is the bullshit excuse people come up with after the fact so they don't have to feel responsible for their horror.
"I can't help killing people in the name of god....it must be human nature. The devil made me do it. I can't help it. Human nature."
People are violent because they are trained to be violent. Take some kid in the ghetto and raise him in a rich neighborhood and he'll become a stockbroker. Leave him in the ghetto he'll be a violent gangster. Humans have outgrown that cavemen mentality it only exists because that violent streak will serve the powers that be when they need soldiers.
(PS Go sign up to fight in IRAQ if you believe that it's in most people's nature to be violent.)

Quote:
like pretending it was magic Nazis and not Germans responsible for everything done during WWII


8) Oh of course! The German people just FELT like slaughtering millions of people. They had nothing better to do, so they just ran around Europe killing people for sport. You know, there was no false ideology or political movement pushing them into it or anything.
Here's an idea, go tell that to my next-door neighbor who was conscripted by the German army in the 40s because they stuck his wife in a Concentration Camp. Tell him that it was the Germans out killing people for sport. Of course, the Nazis had nothing to do with it. RETARD.

About 6.0 million Jews, including 3.0–3.5 million Polish Jews[9]
1.8 –1.9 million non-Jewish Poles (includes all those killed in executions or those that died in prisons, labor, and concentration camps, as well as civilians killed in the 1939 invasion and the 1944 Warsaw Uprising)[10]
500,000–1.2 million Serbs killed by Croat Nazis
200,000–800,000 Roma & Sinti
200,000–300,000 people with disabilities
80,000–200,000 Freemasons [11]
100,000 communists
10,000–25,000 homosexual men
2,500-5,000 Jehovah's Witnesses [12]

What Germans do on the weekend.

It's a good thing I didn't bother bringing up the Inquisition or the Witch Hunts. You'd probably chalk that up to European peasants on holiday.
__________________
CompelledToLacerate because of his sweaty balls and Simpsons dissing.

Last edited by Ludd : 2006-10-04 at 21:13.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 2006-10-05, 03:20
PST 88 PST 88 is offline
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,982
The King James Bible, which was compiled by dozens, if not hundreds, of writers during the years of King James's reign, which is a period known for the infidelity of its literary translations, and which is famously inaccurate concerning the original Greek and Hebrew? Wow. I'm so impressed with your scholarship that I could shit myself. It's popular because the English is pretty, not because it's a good translation, you fucking moron. It's an ox. Different people translated different parts of the King James Bible; this is a widely documented fact. Read something. Read something. Read something. Read something.

I don't believe in any of this shit; I'm more of an atheist than almost anybody you can find, and I can tear apart the most sophisticated Christian arguments (not idiotic strawmen I toy with for my pleasure) with ease. I make Plantinga look like a fucking fool. That said, a zombie is a fictional concept with a specific meaning. If you don't understand its meaning, don't use the word.

Yes, you were saying something about the Hebrews in #6; first of all, because they're the original 'tribe of barbarians,' and second because your quotation from Deuteronomy, shock of all shocks, describes the ancient Hebrews. If you're going to claim I didn't read your point, at least don't have the audacity to include within that point a quotation relating to a specific people you claim not to mention. But, regardless, pointing out that people from a time when everyone was barbaric by today's standards were barbaric by today's standards is idiotic and does nothing to enhance your point.

And I'll talk about your ignorant ass however I damn well please until you make a point that's true enough to shut me up.

Human nature has nothing to do with what you claim. There is such a thing as human nature. Humans act in a particular way; it's quantifiable. It's what they do. We call it 'human nature.' Italians during the pagan Roman times were as brutal and hypocritical as they were during the Renaissance; pre-Muslim Arabs were as brutal and Draconian as after. The most brutal parts of German history are distinctly pagan. Etc. Religion isn't to blame; it's the excuse we hold up to hide our own nature from ourselves. Unfortunately, we're violent assholes, and the only way we'll ever deal with it is if we stop blaming our pretenses and start blaming ourselves.

The 'it was Nazis, not Germans' response in most Americans is a result of our government's attempts to rehabilitate the national characters of Germany and Japan after WWII for political ends. The scary fact is that regular, everyday Germans are capable of committing atrocities without a significant mental shift; it's a part of who they are. Not a part that comes out very often, but a part. And the scariest fact is that regular, everyday Germans are a cunt's hair apart from regular, everday Americans. Blaming Nazis is like blaming fairies.

Last edited by PST 88 : 2006-10-05 at 03:22.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2006-10-05, 08:24
far_beyond_sane's Avatar
far_beyond_sane far_beyond_sane is offline
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sydney.
Posts: 4,674
Hey... here's a good way to write your paper - have it as a hostile dialogue between two cunts on the internet. Cut and paste, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludd
No, there is no such thing as 'human nature'. Human nature is the bullshit excuse people come up with after the fact so they don't have to feel responsible for their horror.


Eh?
__________________
far_beyond_sane - contributing to the moral decay of your children since 1982

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2006-10-05, 08:33
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak tmfreak is offline
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
This is literally the funniest thing i've probably ever read.

Brokencrimson you make an interesting point. There is alot of people who use pseudo logic in order to back up their faith. I just say.. "whatever man" and go about my buisness. Fuck em.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2006-10-05, 20:57
JOAMdude's Avatar
JOAMdude JOAMdude is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 1,542
i love being that guy who is the only one who recognizes his posts or even thinks they are good.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
are you telling us that you have 4 boobs...2 small and 2 bigs
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 2006-10-05, 21:06
timedragon's Avatar
timedragon timedragon is offline
Legio Draconorum Orkian
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: upon raging waves
Posts: 4,499
Send a message via AIM to timedragon Send a message via MSN to timedragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCrimson
You can mention that most arguments put forward by the christian church they considered definite "proof" of the existence of God make sense when you hear them at first, but with some basic going over make no sense whatsoever. Such as the cosmological argument ("everything has a cause, and therefore the primal cause must be God") which fails due to the ambiguity of the word "everything" and several other factors. I don't usually have any interest in philosophy of religion, but most modern "Introduction To Logic" books and websites (formal and informal logic) use arguments for the existence of God as examples of some basic falacies. That doesn't mean that there is proof that God doesn't exist, (can't prove a negative, lack of proof of the existence of something is not proof of it's non-existence) but it definitely opens your eyes to how far some people can go to convince somewhat-logical-but-not-quite-there people that God exists.

About the many pseudonyms of Satan - Satan is a combination of many other deities that people worshiped at the time, their names hi-jacked in order to discredit them and their worshipers.


so... when are we getting married again???
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2006-10-06, 16:37
PST 88 PST 88 is offline
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,982
Using deductive logic, a subtle enough mind can prove anything.

On another note, the main thrust of my point is that you can't confront anything if you don't first respect the intelligence of the people promoting it, second understand it thoroughly from within, and then come up with a real counter. Too many people tilt at symptoms and ignore roots.

Last edited by PST 88 : 2006-10-06 at 16:43.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2006-11-14, 19:55
moe_blunts's Avatar
moe_blunts moe_blunts is offline
wigger/redneck/drunkard
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austin tx
Posts: 2,234
alright, i'm bringing this topic back becasue, well i started my paper and i only have a few more weeks.

anyway, the topic is " is faith in God rational?"

articles i have already read:

Alvin Plantinga "Is belief in God properly basic?"

William James "The reality of the Unseen"

Any other suggestions on articles or good websites to browse for philosophy information?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist
you don't belong here. You belong on a Paul Wall message board.


http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2006-11-15, 00:00
xgrafcorex's Avatar
xgrafcorex xgrafcorex is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 3,635
Send a message via AIM to xgrafcorex Send a message via Yahoo to xgrafcorex
templar knights. i did a paper on them about 4 years ago for history of civ in college and my teacher loved it. history, controversy, war, etc. lots to cover in one subject.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 2006-11-15, 00:27
Cunty Shunt's Avatar
Cunty Shunt Cunty Shunt is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,718
Ha, I have to do an argumentative essay on why metal is the best form of music. I don't know if I should be funny or serious.
__________________
Everyone shut up but me.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 2006-11-15, 01:50
far_beyond_sane's Avatar
far_beyond_sane far_beyond_sane is offline
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sydney.
Posts: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
alright, i'm bringing this topic back becasue, well i started my paper and i only have a few more weeks.

anyway, the topic is " is faith in God rational?"

articles i have already read:

Alvin Plantinga "Is belief in God properly basic?"

William James "The reality of the Unseen"

Any other suggestions on articles or good websites to browse for philosophy information?


Look for some papers on the neurobiology of mystical experience using TMS, or on the 'religious brain'. Occam's Fucking Razor, cunts.
__________________
far_beyond_sane - contributing to the moral decay of your children since 1982

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 2006-11-15, 08:24
PST 88 PST 88 is offline
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,982
Don't use Plantinga. He's respectable, but an insufferable cunt. Write about how modal logic is phrenology.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 2006-11-15, 08:29
low-tech's Avatar
low-tech low-tech is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: providence
Posts: 1,863
i say go the route of ufo conspiracy.

we are engineered and our habits are studied.


our ultimate goal as a species is that we will breed with the alien and produce offspring that will be used as cheap labor somewhere............out in the great cosmos.

definately at least mention the pyramids in mexico and egypt are made by aliens, i mean, no cult worth a damn would pass that one up.

id probably get an F in your class,but i would go out in style..

im more interested in the wierd religion stuff like scientology,evangelicals who run thier churches like corporations,those wierd monk dudes who raise thier hands and do so to the extent that the arm atrophies and becomes paralyzed, cults like the nation of islam<one of the first ufo cults>,the moonies,the amish,the quakers,the israelites<those parliment funkadelic black dudes who used to hang out around times square in nyc and profess the white man is the devil>. the whole "cult of personality" thing that i consider sometimes more extreme than the ethos of religion.

so that would be my focus of study, if i studied religion and philosophy.
__________________
Quote:
I fought for world titles in boxing, karate, I fought bar wars, street corners, most everything living and half the stuff dead,ain’t nobody bad, I know, I looked.......
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 2006-11-15, 08:42
far_beyond_sane's Avatar
far_beyond_sane far_beyond_sane is offline
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sydney.
Posts: 4,674
__________________
far_beyond_sane - contributing to the moral decay of your children since 1982

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 2006-11-15, 09:56
moe_blunts's Avatar
moe_blunts moe_blunts is offline
wigger/redneck/drunkard
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austin tx
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Don't use Plantinga. He's respectable, but an insufferable cunt. Write about how modal logic is phrenology.


couldn't agree more and that is why i am attacking his argument. comparing faith in god to a pain in your knee is kind of a trivialization of the whole concept of God.... good attempt though. still quite flawed in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Look for some papers on the neurobiology of mystical experience using TMS, or on the 'religious brain'. Occam's Fucking Razor, cunts.



thanks. what does the acroymn TMS stand for, though?


for anyone interested, my teacher showed me an amazing AND ACCURATE online encyclopedia of philosophy. http://plato.stanford.edu/

articles are actually edited unlike wikipedia
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist
you don't belong here. You belong on a Paul Wall message board.


http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.