- your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone
User Name

Thread Tools
Old 2003-02-21, 11:52
shattrdexistnce shattrdexistnce is offline
New Blood
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 35


What does this mean. I always see it in tab books usually over pinch harmonics and bends, but I've also seen it used over hammer ons and pull offs and shit like that. Because it's used in such a wide variety of ways I can't figure out. I used think it had something to with pitch or something because of it's usual placement around pinch harmonics and bends. But some places I've seen it, that just doesn't make sense, like the hammer ons and pull offs. Can someone help me out here?
one fish two fish red fish blue fish
Reply With Quote
Old 2003-02-21, 12:06
Posts: n/a
I think the V is for Vibrato
and the a is artificial harmonic

for which songs did you saw that??
Reply With Quote
Old 2003-02-21, 13:01
The Doctor's Avatar
The Doctor The Doctor is offline
Forum Leader
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bladel, Holland
Posts: 6,806
Send a message via Yahoo to The Doctor
oh God?!?!?!!

It isn't ment for the tabs but for the notes above. It means play this notes one octave(how is that spelled) higher (8 notes).
Don't panic unless you play the notes, but you don't i think
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:20.


Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.