MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  #61  
Old 2004-11-22, 08:45
Bones98's Avatar
Bones98 Bones98 is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Corona, California
Posts: 1,824
Send a message via AIM to Bones98
anyway, Corpse Paint is stupid.. Its over-used, now a trend some wanna goth kids.
__________________
I suck at guitar.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 2004-11-23, 08:31
Party Time 2000 Party Time 2000 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Where the Slime Live
Posts: 408
When I first saw "Gwar" I laughed at the video. It was very entertaining.

I look at old MC Hammer videos and I laugh at the videos.

I saw cool school Miami Vice shows from way back and it amuses me.

I critique BET music videos (where all they do is shake the booty) and I am disgusted.

I watched Xmen on tv the other night and they wear tights.

What about old 80's hair bands (like twisted sister) that was just disturbing.

I watched Lord of the Rings movies and enjoyed them even though it's all fantasy.

What about WWE and the silly stuff they do? Do you think the "peoples elbow" would actually hurt anyone? It's just an act to entertain.

I see CoF videos and I enjoy them (theatre style stuff). They have an angle and the see it through.

I mean, look at M.Mason? He looks like an idiot. It's such an obvious gimmick and it's stupid. Shock rock? He's just ugly. Guess what, I don't have anything against them though. I just don't buy into their "gimmick".

When I go to work, people may laugh at the clothes I wear. Guess what, the paychecks will still be rolling in no matter what I wear to work and people will still like me(hopefully).

Bottom Line:

Corpse Paint bands: Who cares. They probably get laid a hell of alot more than the rest of us.
__________________
We will use the lamb
to catch the tiger,

but we don't use the
fish to feed the pussy.

http://www.myspace.com/lordpartytime2000
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 2004-11-23, 09:02
metal=life's Avatar
metal=life metal=life is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: pretty damn close to Cephalic Carnage.
Posts: 3,648
Send a message via Yahoo to metal=life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Time 2000
Corpse Paint bands: Who cares. They probably get laid a hell of alot more than the rest of us.



HAHAHAH ha ha....ha......

320lbs goth whores don't count as a "lay".
__________________
I swear to Drunk I'm not god
---------------------------------
CEPHALIC FUCKING CARNAGE


------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

"One day we all will die, a cliched fact of life."
Pantera - I'm Broken
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 2004-11-23, 11:29
Party Time 2000 Party Time 2000 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Where the Slime Live
Posts: 408
Perhaps...

Those 320's must eat alot so of course they'd be good at
__________________
We will use the lamb
to catch the tiger,

but we don't use the
fish to feed the pussy.

http://www.myspace.com/lordpartytime2000
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 2004-11-23, 11:32
MetalThrashingMad's Avatar
MetalThrashingMad MetalThrashingMad is offline
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Highway to the Danger Zone
Posts: 6,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
HAHAHAH ha ha....ha......

320lbs goth whores don't count as a "lay".

Depends on who you ask..... I say no. It counts as -1 lay.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
"Ja mein little poodle, I will hang you by your nipples in my garage,
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 2004-11-23, 11:35
MetalThrashingMad's Avatar
MetalThrashingMad MetalThrashingMad is offline
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Highway to the Danger Zone
Posts: 6,026
Oh wait a minute, has anybody seen the Megadeth Rusted Pieces video? In the middle 2 daves make fun of fat slutty chicks with big hair, it is very funny. Dave Mustaine said the only place he could see them get laid more than once is either a prison or a kennel. Then Dave Ellefson points uot the big skunk half black hafl white hairdo, and says " Nice hair you homo". Good shit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
"Ja mein little poodle, I will hang you by your nipples in my garage,
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 2004-11-23, 12:57
Disincarnate's Avatar
Disincarnate Disincarnate is offline
But why is the rum gone ?
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Keeping the Groove going and staying out of Treble
Posts: 1,778
Send a message via MSN to Disincarnate
^ hehehe
__________________


Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely




Quote:
Guitarists are just people who could Never make it as a Bassist


www.riversofgore.com

Join The Forum CUNT
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 2004-11-23, 13:24
Credit to Dementia Credit to Dementia is offline
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 731
Is it just me or was Party Time's post entirely irrelevant? 'Lord of the Rings is fantasy, wrestlers aren't actually fighting each other' is great, but nobody was criticizing them for being theatrical. We were criticizing them for needing white paint to be nihilists.

And if getting laid is the be-all, end-all scale of whether or not what you're doing is worthwhile, there are a lot of better ways to get laid than dressing up in fake armor and painting your face white. You can get laid a lot simply by trying to without being an idiot about it; if you need the corpse paint to do that, a gear has slipped.
__________________
Immense in my girth, erect I stand tall
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 2004-11-24, 07:13
johnmansley's Avatar
johnmansley johnmansley is offline
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 5,970
Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
They could use the money that they would save by abandoning corpsepaint and fake armour and weapons on prostitutes. Hence the getting laid situation is irrelevant.
__________________
Album of the day:

Deadhead Roses - Zastruga
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 2004-11-24, 15:04
Party Time 2000 Party Time 2000 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Where the Slime Live
Posts: 408
Well, that's my point. It is irrelevant. No one has to watch them or listen to anybody. I see people do things to try to "impress". Show-offs. "Hey, look what I can do". It is annoying though. I made a bunch of useless points because it's just that: useless (including the laid stuff).

I used to watch wrestling alot but not anymore because it's silly. It's fixed and has too much stupid stuff. I don't care for it anymore.

I have watched Lord of the Rings. It's fantasy and I liked it as a movie series. I have not read the books but I do not say that I am an expert or know more than other people know about that movie/book. I like the armour and weapons in the movies, story, and so on.

Those rapper videos where all they show is 'booty' is annoying. I'm not a woman activist or anything, but those videos are stupid and are comparable to watching a Harvey's burger commercial. It's all meat. Therefore, I don't watch them.

Cof Filth. They dress up and wear makeup. I like some of their music. The singer forces too much however. I'm sure that they don't go to church wearing that stuff or take showers in it. Is it for show? I believe that it's a gimmick. I can get past it when I watch their videos. Are they trying to show off and force people to believe what they believe? I don't know. Does the U.S. Prez. force you to believe what he wants you to believe. I don't have that answer either.

What about Trey from Morbid Angel? He's into his thing but he doesn't dress up for it. Do I believe it? I don't know.

Now to get to the point. Stereotype. Prejudice. (from appearance)

I see CofF and I immediately think that they are loonies.
I see Trey and I think he is normal.

Perhaps CofF need the white paint to enhance their state of mind.
Perhaps CofF is just a gimmick.

I may be a very classy guy but I would not eat at a classy restaurant in ripped jeans and a tshirt. Hence the show off.

I suck at golf. I do not dress up as a golfer when I golf.

My friend is good at golf. He does not dress up like he's the best golfer in the world. He is still a good golfer.

My other friend is a very good golfer. He dresses up like he's a good golfer. He's backing it up.

Which one of us is showing off? The very well dressed good golfer. But he "is" good.

Am I still be irrelevant?
__________________
We will use the lamb
to catch the tiger,

but we don't use the
fish to feed the pussy.

http://www.myspace.com/lordpartytime2000
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 2004-11-24, 15:32
MetalThrashingMad's Avatar
MetalThrashingMad MetalThrashingMad is offline
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Highway to the Danger Zone
Posts: 6,026
Well, ManOwaR posted this in the rtt, i thought it fit here as well...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/kids/goths_talk.shtml
have fun!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
"Ja mein little poodle, I will hang you by your nipples in my garage,
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 2004-11-24, 16:08
Credit to Dementia Credit to Dementia is offline
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Time 2000
Am I still be irrelevant?

Yes, because none of the situations you bring up are analogous. I understood your point when you brought them up, however, it has no bearing on corpse paint. Neither does it have any bearing on your 'prejudice' argument. Organize your thoughts and try again.

Incidentally, Trey is loonier than Cradle of Filth, and it's fairly obvious. His skin looks like he hasn't left his house except when absolutely necessary since Altars of Madness (making corpse paint redundant even if he wanted to wear it), and he wears wristbands that cover up where he bit open his wrists as a sacrifice to Sumerian gods. He's not really the most normal-looking guy on the block.
__________________
Immense in my girth, erect I stand tall
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 2004-11-24, 19:19
FloodOfFaggots FloodOfFaggots is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 15
Send a message via AIM to FloodOfFaggots Send a message via Yahoo to FloodOfFaggots
"Take it as entertainment" - Crass, give it a listen
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 2004-11-25, 08:06
andrewc andrewc is offline
Post-whore
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
HAHAHAH ha ha....ha......

320lbs goth whores don't count as a "lay".


that experience would be like riding a scooter. heaps of fun, but you wouldnt want to be caught doing it.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 2004-11-25, 08:32
fatdanny's Avatar
fatdanny fatdanny is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
Well, ManOwaR posted this in the rtt, i thought it fit here as well...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/kids/goths_talk.shtml
have fun!


HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA

BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Goth has its roots in punk don't you know...
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 2004-11-25, 08:35
Party Time 2000 Party Time 2000 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Where the Slime Live
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Credit to Dementia
Yes, because none of the situations you bring up are analogous. I understood your point when you brought them up, however, it has no bearing on corpse paint. Neither does it have any bearing on your 'prejudice' argument. Organize your thoughts and try again.

Incidentally, Trey is loonier than Cradle of Filth, and it's fairly obvious. His skin looks like he hasn't left his house except when absolutely necessary since Altars of Madness (making corpse paint redundant even if he wanted to wear it), and he wears wristbands that cover up where he bit open his wrists as a sacrifice to Sumerian gods. He's not really the most normal-looking guy on the block.


You're telling me that my prejudice opinion on corpsepaint is irrelevant?
If you put two bands side by side, (holding their instruments) with one of the bands dolled up with face paint and armour, people wouldn't think that they aren't associated with some obscure musical genre. It's an easily identifiable image. You see goth, they must be goth.

You have also said that because the genre has the "you made your bed, now you lie on it" motto, that any band that's going to be black/doom music, you must paint your face and/or reinforce the image, because it's been done in the past.

Well, of course. You have to follow the norm everywhere else. Anybody, anywhere has to conform one way or the other, sometime in their life. If I pull up to a gas bar and fill up my car, I have to pay the bill. I am conforming to accepted business practices. If I decide to drive off without paying, I conform to standard criminal practices. Either way, I am still conforming. ^(irrelevant point)^

If CofF wear it just because all bands before them have done in the past that it's their fault for getting in the genre in the first place? Maybe they like it. Maybe not all members like to do it. Maybe they should start a new genre called "Black/doom metal dressed as normal people". Then they would have a choice. Wait a second, you mean they already have a choice? Well, it looks like they are doing what they want. If they get tired of it, they can drop the whole image thing or some could quit. Perhaps, for now, they like dressing like that and perhaps that's the reason they are still wearing it. It's a lifestyle.

I look at rappers. It's "bling, bling". They always look like that. They walk a certain way, like they have a crippled leg. They talk a certain way, like they have speech impediments. They act a certain way, like they're done. Maybe some of them don't like to dress up like that. They just do it to conform with what has been done in the past. I think that stuff is silly.
^(irrelevant point)^

I getting bored of talking about this. It's really comes down to "who gives a shit".

But, if you need some more of my opinions, set up a questionnaire of yes or no questions. Based on my answers, you can provide me what I am really saying.

For example:

1. Do you like playing guitar? Yes or no
2. Do you like the fuzzy peach? Yes or no
and so on (about this particular thread)
Conclusion: I am a normal guy.

BTW: I would answer yes to both of the above.
__________________
We will use the lamb
to catch the tiger,

but we don't use the
fish to feed the pussy.

http://www.myspace.com/lordpartytime2000
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 2004-11-25, 11:21
Amon rA's Avatar
Amon rA Amon rA is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 472
while a lot of people listen to and like the music of the bands they like,
loads more people dont. these are called sheep.
you all know who im talking about.

marilyn manson has built a career from looking creepy and spreading rumours. this is backed up by his music being catchy and commercial.
i have little or no respect for his musical talent, but his grasp of people and society is unmatched.

the sad fact is most people listen to the music they do because they think the people who make it are cool.

and lets face it, we've all done something like this at one point.
those of you who have long hair...why?
probably because you thaught it was cool. (yes i have long hair)
how many of you have used slang words the people around you use?


a band conforming to the stereotype image if its genre would gain more fans than it will lose by doing so.
more fans=more money


the point is:
without image conformity, the music indusrty would have a lot less money, and a lot less people would be able to create music for a living, and so on.
what ever your opinion, without this stuff, most of your musical heros would probably work in a supermarket stacking shelves making music in the little spare time they have on their home computer, and you would never hear it.
__________________
"The complexity of the penguins' lifestyle testifies to a Divine Creator," said one commentator on Christian Answers. "To think that natural selection or even the penguins themselves could come up with the idea to migrate miles and miles multiple times each year without their partner or their offspring is a bit insulting to my intellect. How great is our God!"
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 2004-11-25, 16:47
johnmansley's Avatar
johnmansley johnmansley is offline
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 5,970
Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Most of my musical heroes still do work in a supermarket or some other line of employment. There's hardly any money to be made from extreme metal and if you don't have to work outside of the band then you're one very lucky pup indeed.
__________________
Album of the day:

Deadhead Roses - Zastruga
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:55.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.