User Name
Password

Old 2005-10-26, 17:27
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DEAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by humancorpse
Sleep terror?

No. I don't think they are at all Jazz. Luke says the Jazz in Sleep Terror is "free" styled jazz, which just mean, look at me, I have a clean channle and can play 7th chords behind clean runs.

Martyr is the greatest band ever. Dan Mongrain is currently in his 3rd year of studying Jazz interpretation at college.
Comforting silence
Old 2005-10-27, 01:39
Senior Metalhead

into the moat is jazz influenced but they are not 100% deathmetal

Sleep terror is jazz influenced in my book
Old 2005-10-27, 07:14
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Fuck. I haven't heard of half of these bands. Methinks it's Amazon time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Kislik
Slob on my transmutational knob you degenerates.

This sentence rules.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."
Old 2005-10-27, 14:11
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbathGS
The clear answer here is Cynic - Focus. A simply brilliant album, if not a big "out there".

Pestilence is okay, but after listening to Cynic and most Atheist (save Elements), you'll feel cheated.

come on elements was awesome. I do agree with you on Focus though. One of my all time favorites.
Old 2005-10-27, 15:45
slack as fuck

Send a message via MSN to newHELLonEARTH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOwnSavior
I never heard anything from Atheist. I read that they're influenced by Rush. If so, I got to check them out.

i wouldnt go as far as saying they're rush influenced but they are amazing, really worth the listen.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!
Old 2005-10-27, 16:30
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DEAD
I hear Rush in Atheist, especially with the way pentatonics are used.
Comforting silence
Old 2005-10-29, 07:42
Senior Metalhead

Take pity.

Please don't get freaked out by what I'm about to ask for; I'd like to know if anyone could point out a easy place to download some songs of these bands you have been mentioning (a metal hub or ftp would be amazing)?
I assume that most of you are zealous fans and don't appreciate me trying to ripp off your favourite artists. I, however, feel my plea is justified because (as my extra "u" used above may indicate) I am not from your country. This being, I just can't afford to start showering Amazon or the likes with my South African Rands for music I've never heard on the off chance that the imported cd actually gets to me.

So please help me out here, and let me (1 of at max 500 real fucking metalheads in this country) spread our gospel to a savage nation of people who's idea of metal is disturbed or to some even (and I am sorry to taint your fine forumn with such filth) linkin park.

You owe it to humanity!
Old 2005-10-29, 14:14
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidDreamer
Please don't get freaked out by what I'm about to ask for; I'd like to know if anyone could point out a easy place to download some songs of these bands you have been mentioning (a metal hub or ftp would be amazing)?
I assume that most of you are zealous fans and don't appreciate me trying to ripp off your favourite artists. I, however, feel my plea is justified because (as my extra "u" used above may indicate) I am not from your country. This being, I just can't afford to start showering Amazon or the likes with my South African Rands for music I've never heard on the off chance that the imported cd actually gets to me.

So please help me out here, and let me (1 of at max 500 real fucking metalheads in this country) spread our gospel to a savage nation of people who's idea of metal is disturbed or to some even (and I am sorry to taint your fine forumn with such filth) linkin park.

You owe it to humanity!

Just get Soulseek.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."
Old 2005-11-03, 12:13
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

You owe it to humanity!

You RULE, man!
Old 2005-11-03, 15:07
Post-whore

Quote:

You owe it to humanity!

Hahaha . Just check out the Album trading thread in chit-chat. Daveygravy has an FTP running.
Old 2005-11-03, 15:07
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Bones98
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDeadHandsRisingx
into the moat is jazz influenced but they are not 100% deathmetal

Sleep terror is jazz influenced in my book

Sleep terror owns my balls!!! I hope they find a vocalist. It would be cool if Matti way was it cuz they're death metal material is very Disgorge like stuff.
Old 2005-11-04, 20:05
Senior Metalhead

Just got atheist through soulseek (thanks cunt; quite funny how often i've actually said that), and they shred fucking ass man. You've made a believer out of me. Particularly impressed by the clarity of the percussion. Definitely inspired me to explore this genre properly. Fucking A guys. Also, I generally think smiley's are a little queer, but couldn't help loving this little dude's spirit.

Welcome to MetalTabs my friend!

"Brother will kill brother, spreading blood across the land. Killing for religion, something I don't understand." - 'staine.
Old 2005-11-07, 23:53
New Blood

I strongly reccommend Le Scrawl, they are more grind/jazz but they are incredible..