MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 2006-10-13, 01:14
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtiel
Forums are for people to discuss things, no one could give two shits about what you think about the things they say. You told someone to widen their tastes because they wanted an example of metalcore that didnt have fruity radio friendly choruses and predictable breakdowns, and you took this to mean he only wants satan himself to sing each and every lyric. And that MY FRIEND, is retarded.

man, thats a 2 year old post from a dude who most likely doesnt post here anymore.
Old 2006-10-14, 20:07
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Valtiel Send a message via MSN to Valtiel
Haha yea you're right, I saw that Soulinsane posted before him and for some reason assumed it was recent. My bad.
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut
Old 2006-10-14, 21:50
Life is pain.
Banned

Yeah, so in turn, both of you, my friends, are retarded.
Old 2006-10-20, 15:58
Registered Sex Offender

Send a message via AIM to MyOwnSavior
About metalcore, Bring Me The Horizon is a great band I just discovered. Their first album comes out Oct. 30th.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler
Old 2006-11-01, 09:56
New Blood

Exclamation bulls**t!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsevomit98
Hardcore is now beginning to start being called part of the punk rock genre.

...is the bullshittiest thing i've ever heard someone say about hardcore. hardcore WAS in fact being born from punk rock in the early 80s in the US (mostly nyc, d.c., west coast).
ever heard about bands like minor threat? teen idles? black flag? dead kennedys? only to name the most prominent...

what some (stupid supid) people nowadays call hardcore has nothing to do with real hardcore AT ALL. it is mere bad metal or metalcore they talk about here (remember biohazard etc.?). this is a style that (obviously) came from metal whereas hardcore came from punk. full stop.

any further questions?
Old 2006-11-01, 10:01
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Bass
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomgevitter
...is the bullshittiest thing i've ever heard someone say about hardcore. hardcore WAS in fact being born from punk rock in the early 80s in the US (mostly nyc, d.c., west coast).
ever heard about bands like minor threat? teen idles? black flag? dead kennedys? only to name the most prominent...

what some (stupid supid) people nowadays call hardcore has nothing to do with real hardcore AT ALL. it is mere bad metal or metalcore they talk about here (remember biohazard etc.?). this is a style that (obviously) came from metal whereas hardcore came from punk. full stop.

any further questions?
Is that explanation the only reason you decided to join metaltabs.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
Old 2006-11-04, 16:31
New Blood

so many to list....

Metalcore/Deathcore:
Despised Icon
From a Second Story Window
Glass Casket
Animosity
Converge
Through the Eyes of the Dead
As Blood Runs Black
August Burns Red
7 Angels 7 Plagues / Misery Signals
Shai Hulud
Into the Moat
Ed Gein

hXc:
Terror
Hoods
xDEATHSTARx
xTyrantX
Suffocate Faster
Black My Heart
Too Pure to Die
Old 2006-11-05, 07:12
New Blood

check out Burst. They opened for Mastodon and Opeth and i liked them, so i looked them up and they're pretty good.

they're from gothenburg, sweden and they're different cause they have a sort of progressive sound, i'd say they were kind of metalcore. http://www.burst.nu/ http://www.myspace.com/burstrelapse

i also like heaven shall burn, caliban and lamb of god. thats about the extent of my likings for metalcore/hardcore.

i dont understand people who say that its for wusses. sure its not as fast or heavy and the vocals are sometimes decipherable, i.e not the cookie monster vocals, but its different to other forms of metal (if it is a form of metal, but thats a whole other argument). im glad i can enjoy both death/black/more extreme forms of metal and the more mainstream metal like metalcore.

i also like heaven shall burn, caliban and lamb of god. thats about the extent of my likings for metalcore/hardcore.

i dont understand people who say that its for wusses. sure its not as fast or heavy and the vocals are sometimes decipherable, i.e not the cookie monster vocals, but its different to other forms of metal (if it is a form of metal, but thats a whole other argument). im glad i can enjoy both death/black/more extreme forms of metal and the more mainstream metal like metalcore.
Old 2006-11-05, 07:22
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to sqol
I didn't like Burst at all, they were so dull! Caliban were pretty good though, but i don't really listen to 'core

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone
moonraven?....more like ass raven
Old 2006-11-05, 11:56
New Blood

As for metalcore, I enjoy just some metalcore (f.e. Silent Civilian is good, newest Trivium album is allright) but most of it is horrible to me. What turns me off most about metalcore is the horrible, horrible screams, especially Lamb of God's vocals really hurt my fucking ears, and the way metalcore singers seem to sounds exactly the same, just as the melodies they sing. The music itself is all pretty much the same too, the riffs are all melodyized thrash-riffs and most songs have 'brutal', screamed stanzas and a 'catchy', sung and melodic refrain.

I really, however, enjoy hardcore. Bands like Refused and Abhinanda and bands that fuse punk, thrash or other genres of music (f.e. rap) like Dead Kennedys, the Exploited, Biohazard, Blood For Blood.
Sludgecore is good, too (eyehategod) and hardcore fused with ska w1ns.