User Name
Password

Old 2012-04-08, 20:07
Okay.

Send a message via MSN to blitz906 Send a message via Yahoo to blitz906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
/fixed

Fuck yeah, D.O.A are from my province! I have a cousin from Vancouver. She was walking through Stanley Park one day and met Joey Shithead. She ended up talking to him for like 15 minutes haha.

Dead Kennedys are awesome, and Bad Brains, and Minor Threat. Any of you ever listen to Millions of Dead Cops? Definitely check it out if you haven't. Very thrashy stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvQE-G6CXWQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8A7Wp5Kpgk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5G4zYm1MA Shit. The drummer and bass player are so fucking tight.

And PLEASE let there be somebody else here who listens to The Adolescents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op9GbMRrDlw
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Last edited by blitz906 : 2012-04-09 at 03:37.
Old 2012-04-09, 05:23
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Husker Du. Really, a lot of the less typical SST bands (think Husker Du, Meat Puppets, The Minutemen, Sonic Youth, even Black Flag) are the shit, but Husker Du really made hardcore their bitch before fading out. Zen Arcade is fucking crazy, especially considering it's older than everybody in this thread, give or take a Bobbi.
Old 2012-04-09, 05:33
Okay.

I'll definitely have to check that out. Thanks!

I've also been listening to Reagan Youth. Unfortunately, they never did release much material, but what they did release was incredible. Fuck, the first time I heard this song I almost had a stroke. The raw energy combined with that melody is just... there are no words to describe it.
Quote:
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Last edited by blitz906 : 2012-04-09 at 05:38.
Old 2012-04-09, 07:54
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Okay, which one of you asses made me fall in front of everyone at church yesterday. Right after helping serve communion I somehow missed a step and ended up on my butt on a step. We have several nurses in the church and some of them helped me up. One said it looked like my knee twisted and I went down. Of all the days I picked to wear a dress- that was the first thing I checked was to see if it flew up- no. At least it was a longish one. Quite pretty I may add. I bruised my left wrist right above that knobby part, but there's no black and blue mark. My left knee has a little rug burn looking thing on it because I think my other knee somehow hit that. Panty hose would do that. My right leg feels like someone twisted it. Upper thigh, knee, and the outer side of my shin are all sore. I'm hobbling around like Amos McCoy (look him up). Surprisingly the butt I landed on doesn't hurt at all. Seriously, I'm thinking that all that hula-ing I've been doing for my phyique lately has tightened up my thighs, hips, and butt and I think it may have helped me not get injured worse. My mom was sitting clear in the back of the church and when she saw me fall she yelled. By the time I got back to the seat with a little help, she was sitting there with a good friend whose a nurse and was crying she was so upset. I was more worried about her than myself.
Oh, the minister told me later that nobody would even comment about his sermon because I upstaged him, and he said I can't file for workman's comp. lol His wife, whose a nurse, said he stuck his foot out and tripped me. I so wish I'd thought of that!! haha But I'd done most of my cooking the day before so hubby put the ribs and the rest of the sauce in the crock pot and finished up the potato salad to take to mom's for Easter dinner. He even did the dishes which is something my dad only did once that I know of so I think she was impressed about that. My only regret about church was that my boys, grandson, and husband hadn't been at church to see me wipe out.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2012-04-09, 08:14
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
My grandson is here for a week and he's into Billy Idol and Blondie. Do they count? Most of the bands he likes from the 80s I've never heard of but have heard a few songs. Communicating with a 13 year old boy is like being on here sometimes. lol

Getting ready for Easter service today at church. Happy Easter to all you little heatherns. XO

Yeah Billy Idol could probably be considered protopunk I suppose. Not sure about Blondie though.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 2012-04-09, 12:26
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DameFraMorkum Send a message via MSN to DameFraMorkum
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Husker Du. Really, a lot of the less typical SST bands (think Husker Du, Meat Puppets, The Minutemen, Sonic Youth, even Black Flag) are the shit, but Husker Du really made hardcore their bitch before fading out. Zen Arcade is fucking crazy, especially considering it's older than everybody in this thread, give or take a Bobbi.

Oh yeah I forgot about them! I can't believe how old they are, and how raw their earlier music is especially for the year. I don't really listen to them casually, but they have a great classic sound.
Old 2012-04-09, 19:17
Okay.

Shit. I can't believe I forgot to mention The Circle Jerks. I should be lynched.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 2012-04-09, 20:38
Post-whore

Forgot to mention Dwarves. They're sort of like GG Allin except they don't suck.
Old 2012-04-09, 20:58
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Oh shit, I forgot Dwarves too. They're good party music. I actually just recently got into them about 3 years ago. Saw one of their CDs used for like $4 while abroad so I grabbed it. Good shit.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery
Old 2012-04-10, 06:00
Okay.

Just checked out some of their stuff on YouTube. They are awesome. I'll definitely be buying some of their albums in the future.

Any of you ever listen to Rikk Agnew? He was the lead guitarist for The Adolescents, but after several disagreements he left the band in 1982. He didn't release much solo material, but what he did release was really catchy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK7zOMiztHw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwGmN3fWIlY
Quote:
Quote:
Old 2012-04-10, 23:57
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Pol Pot killed a million of his people.
Idi Amin ate that many for dinner.
Papa Doc, his son was even cooler.
Ross the Boss was in Manowar.

Proto-punk wasn't bad, I guess.
Old 2012-04-11, 11:14
wigger/redneck/drunkard

Gorguts LPs now available from Nucler War Now! HOLF SHIT

http://www.nwnprod.com/shop/index.p...gorguts&x=0&y=0

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Last edited by moe_blunts : 2012-04-11 at 11:20.
Old 2012-04-12, 13:16
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Fuck what an awesome distro, if it's possible I'll definitely buy some tapes there.

New Meshuggah album is like it is actually made for me. Almost every song is slow and bone breaking haha no real developement but I still like it

R.I.P moe
Old 2012-04-12, 14:29
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Fuck I still haven't listened to it yet. Hopefully picking it up on Friday and then I'm seeing them on the 4th. GF surprised me with tickets AINT DAT SWEET?!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery
Old 2012-04-12, 20:15
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Indeed you're one damn lucky man Sir Dylan.
It's like 4am here and I got nothing better to do than drinking absinthe and watching Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations haha what an awesome show that is but still fml

R.I.P moe
Old 2012-04-12, 20:31
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

For some reason, at first, years ago, Anthony Bourdain really annoyed me but now I love him, especially after reading his last book, and he's up there with some of my favorite food writers.

Absinthe, eh? I'd rather drink my mother's urine. I've had it (absinthe) a few times and the hallucinatory effects, if there's even enough wormwood, is highly debated. That shit does get you nice and fucked though. Nice and fucked like Puerto Rican hooker shaking for meth.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery
Old 2012-04-14, 04:42
Okay.

I'm sure the drummers among us will love this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpoa...&feature=relmfu
Quote:
Quote:
Old 2012-04-14, 06:21
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery
Old 2012-04-14, 10:51
Post-whore

Hey I haven't had a chance to reply to your email because all I have are mobile devices (on vacay) but you'll be happy to know I tracked down some vanilla porter.
Old 2012-04-16, 06:19
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

S'all good. Fuck yes on the vanilla porter! Bad news on the BM beer, but I might have heard it at the place the sometimes has Elder so I will go and check when I pick up the Elder (comes in next Friday).
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery