Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2012-01-26, 21:19
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

We've been neglecting this shit! Added these:

theRenamer - organises the filenames of your videos by accessing online TV and movie databses. For instance, if you have something like:
Code:
chickswithdicks.s1x05.SuperRippers.XviD.avi
it will be properly named:
Code:
Chicks with Dicks - s01e05 - The One Where Georgina Gets an Anal Pollop.avi
You can also define the naming standards used, if you like to have your TV shows and movies formatted a certain way.

AIMP - An audio player that makes Winamp look like a beauty pageant winner from Ohio who didn't realise there's a vast non-hick world out there containing women with more than 8 teeth and triple-figure IQs as standard.

Stardock Fences - An uber-handy program which gives you the ability to define "fenced-off" areas on your desktop in which you can store icons and they'll remain in their pigeon holes.

Free Launch Bar - A simple yet extremely handy tool which lets you create Quick Launch icons/toolbars which expand as mini-menus, so it's like having lots of little Start Menus instead of single icons. Kinda hard to express how useful it is, just try it out.

Messenger Plus! for Skype | Adds a toolbar to the Skype window expanding its feature set. The coolest feature is that it lets you record your conversations, which is a feature that Skype itself can only do after you pay for the requisite plugin.

Classic Shell | Gives you the old-style Start Menu with functionality the old Start Menu doesn't have. In other words it's the best of both old and new with the shite of each whittled out. It also adds options to Windows Explorer which make things a lot handier too.
Old 2012-01-28, 17:15
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Dystopia
You need an analog to digital converter, as well as a couple of 74xx164ic's.
Old 2012-01-30, 12:42
wigger/redneck/drunkard

I have both an HDMI and VGA input for my laptop. I want to connect it to my old tv that only has an RCA input. Is it possible?

Also, I have a dvd player with a HDMI input. Could I connect through the dvd player possibly?

Thanks for input.

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/
Old 2012-02-10, 17:44
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Dystopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
I have both an HDMI and VGA input for my laptop. I want to connect it to my old tv that only has an RCA input. Is it possible?

Also, I have a dvd player with a HDMI input. Could I connect through the dvd player possibly?

Thanks for input.

I think you mean your laptop has HDMI/VGA outputs, but I got a picture.

You would have to use a converter.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LTU5VxVwb...irate.co.cc.jpg
This picture proves they exist. No idea where to buy one or what it costs. Might be possible to make it yourself if you really know wtf you're doing. I mean, I don't know what the inside of those looks like, but there's what like 20 pins on HDMI too lazy to look it up, not like a milllions.

Just buy it.
Old 2012-05-15, 23:15
New Blood
Banned

software

a free fast software http://www.cocks.net/

Last edited by Paddy : 2012-05-17 at 04:36. Reason: He's not the Messiah; he's a very naughty boy!
Old 2012-05-17, 02:43
Post-whore

I dare someone to download that and install it.
Old 2012-06-21, 00:49
Quantum.

Hey you computer wizards, help needed. I know how many angles you can get on the circumstances, so just fire away on that front. Now, my problem:
A friend of mine works at a women's shelter in town. She told me they could use a computer program for filling in the form they use when someone new comes seeking help. Of course, form fillers abound on the net, but there are a couple of extra features that would be useful:
Required login. The primary point of this is so that the program stores who fills in a form.
Automatic back-up. Yea, I know, but IF there happened to be a program with a nifty feature that just allows you to check a box to have it routinely copy all the files in a directory to a USB or something, that would make my day.

So yea, if anyone has any ideas on this I'd be happy to hear it. I'm currently testing a bunch of open source form fillers and having a look at what it would take to tweak them to suit our needs, but you never know when someone has a shortcut for ya!

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
Old 2012-10-31, 05:34
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to xgrafcorex Send a message via Yahoo to xgrafcorex
Not sure to how to help you there Amadeus. I am not too up on those kinds of things.

Came in here, vice the PC gaming thread because I recently built a new desktop. Shit is badass!! Got an Asus P9X79 PRO, Intel i7 3930K, 16GB of Corsair Vengance DDR3 RAM, GeForce GTX 680, installed Win on a 240GB SSD with a 4TB drive for storage. Got an Intel liquid cooling system for the processor, new wide screen monitor, G15 keyboard and a decent mouse. It cost many thousands of yen and some of the software installation stuff is in Japanese..along with my monitor options, but it works.
Old 2012-11-02, 11:52
Quantum.

Funny thing is, I've since put together a little team to do this work; we're basically building a complete hardware/software platform for handling sensitive data.

Oh, and nothing of that was mac, so I obviously can in no way acknowledge that that is a pretty badass get-up.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein