MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Bass Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2006-12-06, 16:41
6 lvl 80's sucka.

Send a message via AIM to sixsicsix
do you know how many thousands of basses have those specs?
fender or ibanez maybe?

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg
Old 2006-12-06, 20:13
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to ThornsOfHeaven200
Maybe I'm not searching hard enough but I havent found any with those specs yet. Ibanez has a few 4 stringers with a 35"scale length, but they dont have passive P and/or J pickups. I havent really seen alot, but I'll try to research more later. But once again could you or anyone possibly tell be a brand and/or model of bass that is still in production that has all or most these specs: 35 inch scale length, 4 strings, p and/or j passive pickups and possibly passive electronics?
Old 2006-12-07, 13:08
6 lvl 80's sucka.

dude, there is like over 5000 basses with those specs, be more specific

Old 2006-12-07, 13:34
Supreme Metalhead

Alright. Im looking for a decent quality bass that is no more than $700 with those specs. I really dont know what else to say to be more specific. Basically i'll look at any bass with these specs:
-4 strings
-passive electronics
-P and J pickup config (J in the bridge, P in the neck or middle)- the brand doesnt matter since im gonna switch em out
-35" scale length
-24 frets
I play metal and rock mainly, ocassionally i like to play jazz and mellower stuff.

Honestly man, i dont know what else i can say to be more specific. Im looking for potential buys. As long as they have those specs its cool. If you could point me in the right direction I'll be happy.
Also, if there are so many basses with those specs could you please post a link to some of them or tell me the model name or company that makes them? Once again ANY decent quality bass will do as long as they have the specs i mentioned. I dont mind if its a long list. I personally cant find any. Ive checked Ibanez, Fender, Spector and some other ones and none of them have the specs i just mentioned. Thanks.
Old 2006-12-08, 01:27
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Valtiel Send a message via MSN to Valtiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsicsix
dude, there is like over 5000 basses with those specs, be more specific

Dude, did you read? 35" SCALE. Fender does not make a single bass with a 35" scale, Ibanez only makes a few, the BTB series.

Some of the mid priced Spectors have a 35" scale, but I think thats only on the 5-6 string models. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is one of the 4 string Ibanez BTB's.
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut
Old 2006-12-09, 22:35
6 lvl 80's sucka.

oh, potential buys...
I thought you were trying to put a name on a bass you had seen before but couldnt remember which.
okay, 700 is a good range. Take into consideration that scale hardly matters at all, just look for something with a neck made of very hard wood, 24 frets, comfortable, and not too heavy. You can get some really nice fenders for that price. You may even be able to find a spector euro bolt on, or a warwick corvette. Theres a huge variety of basses out there that fit those descriptione, just get out to a guitar store(Guitar center or Sam ash) and shop around.

Old 2006-12-09, 22:37
6 lvl 80's sucka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtiel
Dude, did you read? 35" SCALE. Fender does not make a single bass with a 35" scale, Ibanez only makes a few, the BTB series.

Some of the mid priced Spectors have a 35" scale, but I think thats only on the 5-6 string models. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is one of the 4 string Ibanez BTB's.

stop being such an arrogant fucking cunt. Your smart, and you know your shit. Congratulations, shut the fuck up.

Old 2006-12-10, 01:57
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
stop being such an arrogant fucking cunt. Your smart, and you know your shit. Congratulations, shut the fuck up.

Knowing my shit and reading the guys post are two different things. Scale length is really important and I dont want this guy to get any misinformation.
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Old 2006-12-10, 21:40
6 lvl 80's sucka.

I wasnt relating the two, I did read the thread, dont fucking throw smart ass comments because someone doesnt know everything about a certain manufacturer. your really helpful most of the time, but I cant stand that cocky bullshit, you sound like a fucking lead vocalist.

Old 2006-12-11, 00:51
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
I wasnt relating the two, I did read the thread, dont fucking throw smart ass comments because someone doesnt know everything about a certain manufacturer. your really helpful most of the time, but I cant stand that cocky bullshit, you sound like a fucking lead vocalist.

It wasnt smart assed, you just kept repeating that "thousands of basses have those specs" when they in fact dont. If you dont know something, dont pretend like you do because then someone gets the wrong information and we have a problem that could have easily been avoided.

PS - Lead vocalists are people too.

Quote:
Old 2006-12-11, 05:22
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to epitaph
Quote:

Dude, just SHUT THE FUCK UP - since you dont know shit what your talking about, go study before you open up. No one cares to hear what you think
Old 2006-12-11, 10:05
Supreme Metalhead

Yea...I was looking at the Ibanez BTB series. They have 2 models with the specs i posted. And i think the SRX390 has it too. The scale is kinda important to me since i would like to downtune as well as playing in standard. Pretty much those are the only ones i could find. As soon as finals are over, i'll get to trying out those basses.
On a side note,i dont think Valtiel was trying to be a "smart ass", he's just trying to help me out, man. Anyway, if anyone can find any other basses with most or all of those specs, post it here. Thanks guys.
Old 2006-12-18, 16:09
Supreme Metalhead

Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread, but I'm pretty new to the bass guitar forums. I thinking about buying myself a bass and start playing. I want to buy a 5-string, since my new Schecter is a 7-string and I want to be able to play the same shit on the bass. I'm currently looking at the Yamaha RBX375 (think it's called so) and since I'm new, I wonder if any of you guys have any opinions on it. And does anybody know if the pickups are active? It says on homepage ''High output pickups'' and ''two active tone controls''. Help?
Old 2006-12-18, 18:44
6 lvl 80's sucka.

yep active, very decent bass for the price range.