Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2006-05-16, 23:48
Slayer of dumb cunts

Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casketcrusher
Electric Kits are great for recording. Think about it, it's all direct. With real drums you have to get all these mics and make sure they don't bleed into each other. Plus if you want any weird drum effects it's as simple as a turn of the knob. And the volume is adjustable.

What my drummer does is he has a real drum kit with certain electric things as well. He has two seperate acoustic bass drums on either side but has an electric bass drum in the middle with double pedals on it. He also has one electric tom, one electric snare (both a real and electric snare are beside on another) and one electric cymbal. That way when we jam with covering The Berzerker or C.U.M. he just uses the electric bass drum and stuff. Plus he also has a sampler on his kit so when he one of the pads a sample plays.

Personally I prefer real drums mixed with electric.

That would take a shit ton of experimenting and what not to get that shit down right... haha Fuck that i'll go one way or the other but not both.

As far as the guy above... I have the Roland Tdk-6 its not that bad. I think you can get a slightly cheaper one than that and it would sound decient. I mean mine sounds pretty decient with the tweaking that i've done on it. I think you may only sacrifice the snare. Being that you would get the regular rubber one and not the mesh one.

I recommend it.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Old 2006-05-17, 19:20
Wasted Custom User title

Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
i like to go to guitar center and mess around with the electric kits. set it to techno mode and bust out some beats. NN SS NN SS NN SS NN SS
Old 2006-06-20, 19:08
Post-whore

tmfreak, im thinking of getting the same roland kit as you. its within my price range. how is the sound on it? does it sound realistic or does it sound like some shitty keyboard effect? thats how most of the electric kits on youtube sound like. i dont know if they were roland or not...but still.
have you got any clips of the roland? im really interested in hearing how it sounds like before i buy it. im a beginer so im not going to walk in to a shop and try it out, i think i will look like a complete retard as i have absolutely no drumming experience at all, lol.

so yea, please post some clips if you can.
Cheers
User01

edit: i have another question. i notice you have TD-6KW. i thought you had the TD-3KW...i dunno why . neways, i wont be able to get the 6KW because its like 960 in the uk which is some thing like $1770 . i wont want to spend that much on my first kit as i dont know if i will stick to it. but whatever. i think the 3KW is more suited to my budget. so heres the question. do you know if the 6KW and the 3KW have a similar sound/tone, if they have similar features, options and build quality, and could you go over the main differences.
lol, sorry for the 20 questions. im just a bit of a drum n00b

Last edited by User01 : 2006-06-20 at 19:23.
Old 2006-06-20, 22:01
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Vardanstalt
My old death metal band recorded a demo using an electric drumset and it would sound like shit whenever or drummer would blast.

"Faith: not wanting to know what is true."
-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

teh myspace
Old 2006-07-29, 21:23
New Blood

Smile Electric Drum Kits

Ive played drums for 3 years. It all matters with what feel you like. In my opinion i would say not to get the electric set because it kind of cheats for you. when you play double bass or do rolls either sometime it doesnt pick it up or it makes it sound faster than it really is. it also gives you more of a rebound. which you need to learn on am acoustic kit because it actually makes you d the work instead of the head.

I play a 8 piece Pearl Export series set with abt zildjian cymbals. altogether it costed me $1500.00 and its a double bass set. it sounds good. Tama is also good. if your looking to buy cymbals sabian are cheap and sound good. and tamas drums give a nice deep sound.

Now if you want to the work get anacoustic set
if ypu want the head to fdo the work buy an electric set. a good place to buy a drumset and cymbals s at www.musiciansfriend.com thats were i got my set and they send it to you free shipping.
Old 2006-08-08, 16:00
New Blood

i recently moved into an apartment and had to pack up my acoustic and buy an electric. as much as i hate banging on the electric, it is good for practice. it does, however, miss beats sometimes when i play faster.
Old 2006-09-02, 02:37
Metalhead

Send a message via Yahoo to maggot666
Cool

Yeah, I think electric drum kits are nice to use, especially for the begginers like myself,! Wah

What the fuck you looking at!? If you hate me, Oh god I hate u too!

Old 2006-10-12, 21:34
Life is pain.
Banned

Well as I started the other thread about electric kits, sorry...

But I have some questions about electric kits I will post later... I have to run...
Old 2006-10-12, 23:24
Life is pain.
Banned

So anyway can some of the drummer guys around here give some advice...

I'm looking at roland electric kit, although any other good kits say them, must have mesh snare though...

price range is about 2500 or so... little over maybe

Must have wicked sick sounds though ahah... I'm trying to look at the drum tone on Will Haven - Carpe Diem or Today is the Day - Sadness Will Prevail.... I'm sure they used electric kits on those albums...