MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2006-08-12, 21:00
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Kalmahswamp Send a message via MSN to Kalmahswamp
I teach guitar lessons at a local music shop and do a lot of community service stuff.
Old 2006-08-12, 22:02
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
as cool as it sounds i dont know if i could play games all day. the pay sounds decent tho so id definately would take a job like that if offered

demolition is the funnest job for me. my favorite thing was ripping out plaster ceilings with the ferring strips. id get two hammers and just fuck.....shit.....up, pull down the whole ceiling on my head, deconstruction is cool too. ripping up tile floors im in heaven.

the shit makes you tough too, its like a hard workout everyday for 8-10 hours. take the bus home looking like you just killed a whole village and burned the place down, covered in burns<from grinders>and cut<falling debris>your hands all fucked up, dirt and woodchips all over your clothes. i love that shit

That sounds awesome man. What could be more fun than fucking shit up, getting a work out and actually being paid for it!?
Old 2006-08-13, 01:14
Post-whore

usually its just a phase where you renovate after, sometimes jobs would keep me for the renovation part so its not all demo,all the time.

i worked for a restaurant and had the pleasure of annihilating the structure inside, walls,piping ceiling,floor with a pirate crew of local musicians and friends. that was a real fun gig, was fed high end foods for free nearly everyday.

ive since worked in warehouses doing similiar stuff, its all odd job stuff,temporary work. it doesnt pay good and its not a career type thing unless you want to work with a construction company, there are different kinds obviously but i dont want full time work, i like being a musician with spare time and i dont care to make bank and invest in the future unless i stop with the music as a central focus.

thats too demanding for me and you gotta do carpentry,dry-wall, it involves alot of ward work and learning stuff thats kinda a bummer in comparison. i respect people who work trade such as construction, but id never work for a company. gentrification areas in my city would be the places to work, i dont want to build condos for yuppie scum who will price me out of my own nieghborhood, displace alot of minorities and so forth.

a junkyard sounds cool, i met a dude who in upstate NY who lived in a house in front of one and helps running it.
Old 2006-08-13, 03:05
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Valtiel Send a message via MSN to Valtiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
as cool as it sounds i dont know if i could play games all day. the pay sounds decent tho so id definately would take a job like that if offered

demolition is the funnest job for me. my favorite thing was ripping out plaster ceilings with the ferring strips. id get two hammers and just fuck.....shit.....up, pull down the whole ceiling on my head, deconstruction is cool too. ripping up tile floors im in heaven.

the shit makes you tough too, its like a hard workout everyday for 8-10 hours. take the bus home looking like you just killed a whole village and burned the place down, covered in burns<from grinders>and cut<falling debris>your hands all fucked up, dirt and woodchips all over your clothes. i love that shit

I would have to agree, this job sounds awesome. I can imagine throwin on some Nile in the backround and bringin an apocolypse down on a building. Great work out too. I have to work out a lot just to keep my job from inducing too much muscle atrophy.
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut
Old 2006-08-13, 03:18
Post-whore

hell no i dont got a job lol
Old 2006-08-13, 03:20
Pirate Lawd

I had lots of jobs before I joined the Navy. One of my most favorites has been construction/demolition but metal music is my absolute favorite/dream job. Anytime I worked with metal music in the past I have been in bliss.

As a kid I used to cut yards and sell mistletoe during X-mass that I used to shoot down with a BB gun, I picked apples for a month ( and still have the Death album I bought with that money ) at age 14 and said fuck that, I worked at Mc Donald's for 6 months and wished I was picking apples again. I detailed/cleaned used cars at a auto dealer for the rest of High school and did student work in the ER and VA hospital. I was a security guard for 6 months when starting college, started working construction during the summer and school breaks, and started working as a medic. Later I got burned out on medical work, got a job doing auto repo, court summons, and locating people ( scary shit really ) and then went back to medicine and construction. Then I got scared because I didn't have the energy for 2 jobs, full time college, and a world of personal problems. I lost hope, dropped college for a semester, dropped the medic job, but stayed with construction. I made enough money to not be a bum, but I was living where I could ( homeless basically ). My old medic partner ( cool retired Army intel dude ) called the Navy ( he liked the Navy programs better ) and told them he had a friend they couldn't do without. I had told his ass not to call them but he did it anyway I was pissed at first but I needed the Navy as much as they needed me.

At first I was like, "Fine, the military is a really good move for me but NOT the Navy. They got fucked up looking uniforms". My friend put his word in but other branches were not so happy to see me. I went to the other branches and they treated me the way I looked at the time. Like a long haired metalhead smartass. All of a sudden other branch uniforms didn't look so sharp. In fact one of the first questions I remember being asked was, "Can you pass a drug test"? Yes I could. I don't and didn't do any kind of drugs, but I could read the rolling eyes and expression of, "Yeah right", in the recruiters. I was insulted and hurt but I also judged them on their first reactions to me too. They never contacted me back either. If they couldn't accept me and be willing to help transform me when I was willing than fuck them too. I didn't want to be apart of any branch that thought that way. Isn't what skills, willingness, and dedication to a change more important then what I looked like? The Navy listened, accepted, and believed in me. They helped me with everything and tried to explain everything to me, but the military has taken time to understand. The Navy uniforms slowly began to not look so fucked up.

Next thing I know, I did good on many test, the Navy nuclear program was open to me along with some major extra $$$ ( I was a sci-fi/AD&D junky ) and I lit a fire under their ass I was 22 and the oldest in my nuke class and kicking ass.

Then real war came and life started to suck for the rest of many peoples lives. The Nuke program is an insane thing alone but with the stress of killing on top of that... I could ever describe what kind of training one could except to receive there and in the fleet. Lets put it this way, most Navy SEALS are willing to do anything but the Nuke program and the same goes for Nukes wanting to do the SEALS program. Both are a living hell. It couldn't be done anyway because you are only allowed one special program in the military.

6 years later I'm about to finish my end of the deal with the Navy and I hope I'll see you all at OzzFest If not OzzFest then I hope I see you while living my dream on some stage.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2006-08-13 at 03:22.
Old 2006-08-13, 17:32
Post-whore

I work at Wendy's.... but alot of my pot smoking, headbanging friends work there too, so it's cool.

NECROTIC
Canadian Brutal Death (So you know it's good)

Old 2006-08-13, 18:49
slack as fuck

Send a message via MSN to newHELLonEARTH
and what do they make you do with your hair? Haha I want to see you wearing a ponytail or a hairnet in your Wendy's outfit.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!
Old 2006-08-13, 19:28
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Souli', I've got tears in my eyes. I know it's cuz it hits so close to home, but it's good for you to share things like that. You've got experience that some people would never want to have. *sigh* You'll be fine. God bless.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2006-08-13, 21:33
Post-whore

i worked at wendys about 3 years on and off during high school. that place sucks, i worked nearly full time too.

the drive thru register was old, this was before the computerized cash register and moniters, in store employee survailence. me and a couple of friends would not ring in orders and just pocket the money, id work sandwiches and a few friends take turns on the register, make some loot and buy booze and weed afterwords. i didnt really do it much myself when i worked the register, but that was literally the only perk of the job. my old boss still works there 10 years after. man thats like prison as a full time job. fast food management will stripp decades off your life in terms of poor diet and total stress, id rather fight in iraq. at least in iraq you can kill some motherfuckers