User Name
Password

Old 2005-09-02, 22:25
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Send a message via AIM to John Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
fox should film someone scrolling through this thread and make a show out of it.

"When Egos and Poor Grammar ATTACK!"

Bitch, I'll send you an mp3 virus
Old 2005-09-02, 22:29
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Cloaca Send a message via MSN to Cloaca Send a message via Yahoo to Cloaca
Just so you know John, track 6 of that TiP album I sent you has spyware on it.
Old 2005-09-03, 02:52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca
Just so you know John, track 6 of that TiP album I sent you has spyware on it.

IT WAS YOU ALL ALONG 1!!!1!!!1!ONEONEONEELeVEN[
Old 2005-09-03, 22:16
Senior Metalhead

Hey, i listened to that thing, it finally worked, but i seriously dont think that you are playing ay runs, in 16ths at 250. That was the whole point it had to be a run and alternate picked. I never said, at least im pretty sure, i didnt say somebody cant tremolo pick at those speeds or legato at those speeds. I didn't hear you do any runs that were at 250, and i am still sceptical its 250. I have reached legato 16ths at 250 just fine, and all those super fast guys that i listen to, and ur recording, i can play just as fast as the recording, but when i get a metronome down, i can never hardly get it over 220.

Well actually, i have something to say which was pretty funny. With all this speed stuff, i tryed doing all the speeds you guys said, and i actually got that chromatic run going at about 230. But i still dont believe guys hit speeds like 260 - 300 like its nothing and everyday. I even asked my teacher, and he didn't believe it, and trust me, hes heard everybody play.
Old 2005-09-04, 03:09
Banned

At 7 seconds into the file there are some 1234 chromatics, and at 21 seconds there's some ascending stretch runs.
Old 2005-09-04, 06:49
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Cloaca Send a message via MSN to Cloaca Send a message via Yahoo to Cloaca
Yeah christ, John has proved it.... I could hear that shit going on. Guitar teachers are often full of shit, even the ones that play incredibly well.
Old 2005-09-04, 17:56
Senior Metalhead

Guys, he didnt prove that he could play at 250 to me. He proved he can play fast, i applaud you for that, cause many people on this forum are full of shit. And i am not trying to sound like one of those gay kids on here, but i can definately play as fast as he was playing, but i can't get that high on the metronome still. There is no real way that he is going to prove it to me unless i meet him in person, or if he like makes a video, and shows the metronome, puts it down, then plays along with it. But i know he wont do that, cause that would be stupid and a waste of time, and i know i wouldnt.

Second, maybe alot of teachers are full of shit, (i have seen many myself), but mine on the other hand, isnt. He went to Berklee, opened for steve vai, is good friends with mike keneally, and MIGHT be starting a frank zappa tribute type thing with papa roach's drummer who was his roommate at berklee. He was the shit in pittsburgh, and hes noted for being one of the only players who always never plays stuff thats practiced like everyone else does, almost everything he does comes from (trying not to sound like a flake) heart. He probably has better views of music than anybody on the planet and im glad i have him as a teacher cause now all the ways he looks at music he is transfering to me. I seriously dont think theres a better teacher in the world.

You would all know his name if he chose to go west to California, but he got married, and wanted to start a family instead.

Last edited by madtrixcerenzia : 2005-09-04 at 19:29.
Old 2005-09-04, 19:46
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrixcerenzia
Guys, he didnt prove that he could play at 250 to me.

why do you need more than a recording of him playing in time with a metronome at 250bpm? I'm convinced
Old 2005-09-04, 20:23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrixcerenzia
There is no real way that he is going to prove it to me unless i meet him in person, or if he like makes a video, and shows the metronome, puts it down, then plays along with it.

How hard is it for you to take a metronome, and compare it with the recording? If your ear is as sensitive to tempo variation as indicated by the things you say, then you should have no problem. Just take a metronome and
set it to 250, and you'll see its the same.