User Name
Password

Old 2004-10-18, 12:48
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to arvina
john dohlmayan-system of a down
Old 2004-10-19, 10:05
New Blood

you guys are all fuckin funny!!!!!!!!!!the drummers of today are okay, but you phrase these guys as "gods" that is such a joke...............put on some "deep purple" or "the who" then you will realize who the drum masters are.
1) ian paice
2) keith moon
3) vinnie coloutta
4) carl palmer
5) terry bozio
these are not in order!!!!!!!!!the list goes on.
dont get me wrong, we do have some good drummers these days, but, someone has to shine, it sure isnt the guitarist of today.
Old 2004-10-23, 18:17
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to SixfeetUnder420
Terry Bozzio
Neil Peart
Vinnie Paul
Old 2004-10-23, 23:03
New Blood

Send a message via AIM to melodicdeath
Nicholas Barker
Daniel Erlandsson
Joey Jordison (his band isn't so great, but he's got an interesting style)
Chris Alder
Dave Grohl (hehe, just cause he's done so much in the musical world)
Old 2004-10-23, 23:13
Wasted Custom User title

Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
The dude from Nile.
Old 2004-10-24, 00:07
Post-whore

Raymond Herrera
Igor Cavalera
Dave Lombardo
Glenn Evans
Louie Clemente
Lars Ulrich (pre-black album)
Flo Mounier
Chris Adler
Donald Tardy
Vinnie Paul
Lars Szöke
Gene Hoglan
Old 2004-10-24, 00:23
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCrimson
He has zero endurance, if you are a fool like me and actually have a copy of St. Anger with the bonus DVD, you will see that Lars looks like he's having a bowel movement every time he plays. He pants, his eyes bulge, and the muscles on his hands look like they're about to pop. Women bring him small glasses of water to drink, but the majority of the water ends up on the floor as a puddle of sweat.

That is true. Look at his face on Sweet Amber. He looks like he's having a fucking stroke. It looks like he's lost all control of his facial muscles.
Old 2004-10-24, 03:53
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb of god\m/
Ya I know Lars looks like a fuckin idiot when he plays but he is fast. He doesnt only look stupid when he plays fast, he does all the time. Hes been playing shows for like 20 years. Its pretty stupid to say that there are alot of drummers faster than him. Just because Lars is playing slower parts in the newer metallica stuff doesnt mean hes slow. Listen to the older stuff, hes fast.

Let's see:

It's about the groove and quality of performance and not the speed.

He didn't get drum lessons until Metallica released 3 full albums.

He still sucks.

He doesn't have proper technique and therefore has to put a lot more energy into hitting the drum.

He still has no endurance.

Metallica songs are still some of the easiest songs ever to play, they are the songs a beginer sets off with, much like stairway to heaven and nothing else matters for guitarists.

He can still suck my methaphorical cock any day.
Old 2004-10-24, 05:27
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
The dude from Nile.

Yeah! That dude kicks ass! Or doesn't exist due to lineup changes.

Quote:
He can still suck my methaphorical cock any day.

Not that I'm trying to look at it that way, but that's kinda hot. I'm sure Lars will match that, or his kids will, if you give him the chance.

But he did write a lot of shit that helped to define the genre. Remember that he's one of the first thras songwriters, even if had can't do double bass like Culross. He defined the genre when nobody realized it was one.
Old 2004-10-24, 06:56
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
Well then he should have stuck to writting and not playing or found a better instrument.

Oh and the cock phrase... When you hang around men you pick up their language. I hang around men. Fuck, there's like only one woman I talk to.
Old 2004-10-24, 13:11
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Well then he should have stuck to writting and not playing or found a better instrument.

I'd agree, but Metallica didn't exactly suck for years. It worked for them, and it's only lately that he's become the laziest drummer in the history of music. Recently, though, he's let other drummers (including Dave Lombardo) fill in for him on tour.

Quote:
Oh and the cock phrase... When you hang around men you pick up their language. I hang around men. Fuck, there's like only one woman I talk to.

I know. I know girls who hang around guys. I still find it funny at every opportunity. Especially if you take the time to qualify it.
Old 2004-10-24, 14:48
Noob lud

BrokenCrimson, I will make a bet on it that hes better than me and you so shut the fuck up about Lars already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2004-10-24, 15:35
Post-whore

K, so he's better than you and me, but he's been playing for 20 years so he damn well should be.

I used to drool over his playing, but stopped after a forthnight because I realised that there are much, much better drummers.
Old 2004-10-24, 15:37
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credit to Dementia
Recently, though, he's let other drummers (including Dave Lombardo) fill in for him on tour.

Yeah, he even let the dude from slipknot fill in for him. He actually did a fairly decent job. It shows that Lars is a bitch and cant do his own drumming anymore.
Old 2004-10-24, 16:18
Registered Sex Offender

Send a message via AIM to MyOwnSavior
Hands down Flo Mounier. The guy is insane. I notice this has turned into a who is the best drummer instead of a favorite drummer thread pretty damn quick.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler
Old 2004-10-24, 18:31
Noob lud

Lars dident play that show becuase he was in the hospital. You all don't know if anyone is better than lars unless you actual heard him play alone. He might be able to do blastbeats fast as hell but again, he does drums to fit the music he plays like he should do. Im not saying Lars is amazing or anything but you guys(and BrokenCrimson) keep arguing a battle that can't be won. I dont even like Lars but i know how to use my brain

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2004-10-24, 20:54
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb of god\m/
He might be able to do blastbeats fast as hell but again, he does drums to fit the music he plays like he should do.

We've heard him try to do blast beats. He's limited talent-wise and has always been willing to admit it; read or some interviews with him. Or, hell, watch him 'drum off' with James on Live Shit: Bing and Purge. We've been able to judge him on his talent, and if you think he's just hiding amazing chops I really don't think you're 'using your brain.' I just don't think that's the right scale, since he's obviously not trying to be part of the post-Hoglan school. Metallica never suffered for his drumming, or came close to it, so I don't care if he doesn't compare to more skilled drummers.

However, he's seemed to get less and less interested in drumming, especially during the 90's, so maybe they would suffer from his drumming if they weren't already suffering from much more serious problems. Is Ms Crimson being unduly hard on him? Sure; like I said, he did his job well enough. But go to a Metallica concert and tell me he doesn't seem to be half-assing it and taking shortcuts during fills.
Old 2004-10-25, 18:29
Noob lud

Intresting

Quote:
Old 2004-10-26, 04:38
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Send a message via Yahoo to The Doctor
everybody said his thing?

good