MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  #61  
Old 2004-08-13, 11:56
xdislexicx xdislexicx is offline
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The West.
Posts: 4,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innards-Decay
yeah dis, im either gonna get a crate gt3500h (i hear it uses the same circuitry as the ampeg vh140c, which my favorite band, suffocation uses) or if i get rich enough, a engl 530 and vht 2/90/2

my vote goes 530 + 2/90/2..... i want a 580 and the 2/90/2..... but the 530 is awesome too.
but.... this is a dist pedal thread so i'm gonna stop my off topic posts.
__________________
Friends don't let friends play Krank!
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 2004-08-13, 17:09
mctriple mctriple is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Phil Campbell, AL
Posts: 493
Send a message via AIM to mctriple
tube amps are great, but if you take a pedal and run it through the clean channel and crank the poweramp, you'll get a great sound.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 2004-08-13, 20:56
Innards-Decay's Avatar
Innards-Decay Innards-Decay is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 1,665
Send a message via AIM to Innards-Decay
well, yeah we should get back on topic, but yeah ill get those items if and when i ever get the money because the 530 is discontinued now i think.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
Faceshitting...
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 2004-08-14, 00:55
xdislexicx xdislexicx is offline
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The West.
Posts: 4,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by mctriple
tube amps are great, but if you take a pedal and run it through the clean channel and crank the poweramp, you'll get a great sound.

depends on the amp and the pedal.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innards-Decay
well, yeah we should get back on topic, but yeah ill get those items if and when i ever get the money because the 530 is discontinued now i think.

no it isnt, rocksolidamps.com sells them..... but i buy used, it's cheaper.. the 630 is distcontinued, i think thats what def has.... 630 or 620 or something...... i like the 530 more... but the 580 is the end all be all....
__________________
Friends don't let friends play Krank!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 2004-08-14, 00:59
metalpro metalpro is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: minnesota
Posts: 331
Send a message via MSN to metalpro
i like the metal zone that i use, but i havent tried many
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 2004-08-14, 17:17
Innards-Decay's Avatar
Innards-Decay Innards-Decay is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 1,665
Send a message via AIM to Innards-Decay
is the 580 discontinued? DerekB from rocksolid posts on harmony central user forms, and im on there too, so weve posted about stuff like this, the 530 is the one that just says 4 channel pre amp then right?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
Faceshitting...
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 2004-08-15, 00:16
xdislexicx xdislexicx is offline
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The West.
Posts: 4,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innards-Decay
is the 580 discontinued? DerekB from rocksolid posts on harmony central user forms, and im on there too, so weve posted about stuff like this, the 530 is the one that just says 4 channel pre amp then right?

the 580 is still made.... the 530 is the 4 channel one....
__________________
Friends don't let friends play Krank!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 2004-08-15, 04:27
Def's Avatar
Def Def is offline
Master Killer
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 11,372
both are still made.

anyways, my favorite distortions are the Proco Rat (the original 80's one, I've got one from 84...) the fulltone Fulldrive 2 (boutique pedal, us handmade) and the TS9DX tubescreamer....

the Rat takes off where the TS leaves you, and the fulldrive can make any amp sound good. though its not as heavy as you'de expect.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 2004-08-15, 14:52
xdislexicx xdislexicx is offline
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The West.
Posts: 4,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
both are still made.

anyways, my favorite distortions are the Proco Rat (the original 80's one, I've got one from 84...) the fulltone Fulldrive 2 (boutique pedal, us handmade) and the TS9DX tubescreamer....

the Rat takes off where the TS leaves you, and the fulldrive can make any amp sound good. though its not as heavy as you'de expect.

i almost bought a rackmount rat when i bought my mesa rack vtwin.... i was going to use them together for a ridiculously heavy distortion, but i was like $50 short.....
__________________
Friends don't let friends play Krank!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 2004-08-15, 15:04
Def's Avatar
Def Def is offline
Master Killer
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 11,372
rackmount rat???? I didn't even know they made them, got a link or something?

I've only seen the rat I's and I's and the turbo rat's. I've got one from the first few series which looks all worn out but still sounds good, right now its at my friends place kicking the living shit out of a farting old jcm 800
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 2004-08-15, 15:50
xdislexicx xdislexicx is offline
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The West.
Posts: 4,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
rackmount rat???? I didn't even know they made them, got a link or something?

I've only seen the rat I's and I's and the turbo rat's. I've got one from the first few series which looks all worn out but still sounds good, right now its at my friends place kicking the living shit out of a farting old jcm 800

ha, they don't make em any more.... very rare... when i went to music go round to try out some rack stuff they had a mesa v-twin rack pre and a rack mounted rat through a mesa simul 3:95..... i was playing it all through a marshall 2x12 with g12t-75's.... it sounded like a big muff on crack, it was soooo cool....

but yeh, there is a keely modded rat pedal on harmony central's classifieds... $100 bones.
__________________
Friends don't let friends play Krank!
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 2004-08-15, 22:07
Def's Avatar
Def Def is offline
Master Killer
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 11,372
eh, so you got a pic of it?

I really don't see the use of getting a stompbox with 3 knobs in rack format
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 2004-08-16, 00:07
xdislexicx xdislexicx is offline
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The West.
Posts: 4,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
eh, so you got a pic of it?

I really don't see the use of getting a stompbox with 3 knobs in rack format

i don't have a pic of it... it was just at the used gear store.... you can probably hunt on the net for some info or maybe even pics of it....
__________________
Friends don't let friends play Krank!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.