User Name
Password

Old 2003-11-17, 06:55
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to corroded
Quote:
Originally posted by metal=life
Whats "good" is an opinion.

i second that...although i disagree with the "wot you think is good, i think is bad" bit...
Old 2003-11-17, 13:27
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

"Good is but evil with its own hunger and thirst."

I quoted that from a poem from an author that has left my mind. I say religion tries to base their beliefs on moral, science builds on ethics, and philosophy involves explaining human action, therfore, it is based on morale. Moral philosophy is another word for ethics. So basically, all these are branches of the same thing.
(this is my way of thinking)

now for good and evil; good or evil are opinions based on common nature. Darko, I don't think the man committed sodomy because it was right. He probably did it because he felt pleasure from it. Pleasure would be a sin in some cases, therefore wrong or evil. I'm sure he knew that too. However, I AM just assuming all this...who knows. And that's based on religion, or morals. In this case, one opinion could be it was a act of bad moral. Sodomy is an act of unnatural sexual intercourse, especially of one man with another or of a human being to an animal. According to morals, it is evil. Commons ethics(science) would show that man to man sex is evil because it doesn't work. Sex should only be used to produce offspring, so since it doesn't work, it's evil. Same with mastubation. And now mastubation is good because it helps with prostate problems(cleaning it) because without sex, when you get old, your bladder and other sex organs start fucking up.

Opinions of good and bad also could be different because of the person's perspective of right and wrong. A child of God would obviously consider Satan to be horrible and bad. A child of Satan would consider God to be wrong and idiotic. Satan would then be "right" and "good." Yet that child of Satan would also consider him/herself evil as well. Meaning evil is right and good. So based on different religions, or morals and morality, good and evil can mean different things. Ethics show that with good, comes bright and shiny days with happy faces and cute bunnies. Evil would bring anger, putrid stink, and dead babies because those things fall under a category of scientific methods.

shit, this has got to be one of the longest posts I've written.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Last edited by powersofterror : 2003-11-17 at 13:30.
Old 2003-11-17, 15:04
Post-whore

Send a message via Yahoo to metal=life
Quote:
Originally posted by corroded_soul
i disagree with the "wot you think is good, i think is bad" bit...

I said that to show an example. Anything you like, I could hate therefore, making "good" an opinion.

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

"One day we all will die, a cliched fact of life."
Pantera - I'm Broken
Old 2003-11-18, 00:52
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Quote:
Originally posted by powersofterror
"Good is but evil with its own hunger and thirst."

I quoted that from a poem from an author that has left my mind. I say religion tries to base their beliefs on moral, science builds on ethics, and philosophy involves explaining human action, therfore, it is based on morale. Moral philosophy is another word for ethics. So basically, all these are branches of the same thing.
(this is my way of thinking)

now for good and evil; good or evil are opinions based on common nature. Darko, I don't think the man committed sodomy because it was right. He probably did it because he felt pleasure from it. Pleasure would be a sin in some cases, therefore wrong or evil. I'm sure he knew that too. However, I AM just assuming all this...who knows. And that's based on religion, or morals. In this case, one opinion could be it was a act of bad moral. Sodomy is an act of unnatural sexual intercourse, especially of one man with another or of a human being to an animal. According to morals, it is evil. Commons ethics(science) would show that man to man sex is evil because it doesn't work. Sex should only be used to produce offspring, so since it doesn't work, it's evil. Same with mastubation. And now mastubation is good because it helps with prostate problems(cleaning it) because without sex, when you get old, your bladder and other sex organs start fucking up.

Opinions of good and bad also could be different because of the person's perspective of right and wrong. A child of God would obviously consider Satan to be horrible and bad. A child of Satan would consider God to be wrong and idiotic. Satan would then be "right" and "good." Yet that child of Satan would also consider him/herself evil as well. Meaning evil is right and good. So based on different religions, or morals and morality, good and evil can mean different things. Ethics show that with good, comes bright and shiny days with happy faces and cute bunnies. Evil would bring anger, putrid stink, and dead babies because those things fall under a category of scientific methods.

shit, this has got to be one of the longest posts I've written.

The man commited sodomy because he thought it was right. He had no care for biblical ethics so you cant pull that out of nothing since it wasn't stated. If seems that your affiliating morlas as only being applied by religion. Im not saying you beliefe this but this is what I have concieved by what you have typed.

You've pretty much restated parts of my first post. The question was "What is your opinion of Good (Universal or Opinion) and what Ethical system do you fallow?". Like Metal=Life's nominalist reply.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2003-11-18, 10:37
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by powersofterror
now for good and evil; good or evil are opinions based on common nature.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx