View Single Post
Old 2003-08-28, 13:28
Pussy Pulverizer
Alumni Staff

Send a message via AIM to INVERTED
Quote:
Originally posted by ErDiablo
Ahh yes, i remember, but what he was referring to was not a scale, it was the tritone chord shape (root/flat 5th) I believe he mentioned it in one of his Guitar World columns, but I can't remember which one, He said that the church used to refer to this chord as.............DIABOLUS IN MUSICA!!!!!!! Isn't that neat???

Anyways, Check out these most definetly evil scales ( I wont post them because I believe they can be found under the "scales/sweeps" sticky. I might be wrong but if you really want me to post them, ask again)

Natural Minor(aka Aeolian mode), Harmonic Minor (most evil of all), Phrygian mode(my personal favorite), and if you want to start soloing with any of these, I suggest you learn the Minor Pentatonic first

Thanks for the tips. But I already know all of my Minor, Harmonic Minor, Lydian, Phrigian, Dorian, ect... Oh and (last but not least) Pentatonic. I don't play in any Major scales though. I'm more into exotic scales. Like Chuck Schuldiners style. And with all of these exotic scale, I thought that maybe the was some long forgotten scale called the "Devils Scale." I guess my question is answered. No... But The "Devils Note" otherwise know as the "Tritone" which is actually an augmented fourth (not a fifth) does exist.

Here is an example:

Slayer Seasons in the Abyss

Code:
Verse- Alt. ending: |-----------------------------------------------------------|-----| |-----------------------------------------------------------|-----| |-----------------------------------------------------------|-----| |--------------------------------------------------------1--|-6-5-| |-2----2-1-2222-2----2-2-2222-2----2-1-2222-2----2----3--1--|-6-5-| |-0-00-0-0-0000-0-00-0-1-0000-0-00-0-0-0000-0-00-0-00-3-----|-4-3-|