View Single Post
Old 2012-11-22, 09:00
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYngVai
Yea the ultimate goal is, of course, to make money doing what you love. I've been asking people about music in video games but haven't gotten anywhere. Asking composers doesn't really help, because they are not going to let you have their job. My friend emailed Garry Schyman (Bioshock series) because we did some score printing work for him not too long ago and his advice was just to keep networking... lol. Not too useful since that is why we reached out to him in the first place.
At least you made it far enough to talk to him! I've had pretty much the same experience when trying to make contacts "just make contacts" - asswipe that's what I'm doing.

Quote:
Anyway... what have you been doing to make money on the side? Is it at all sound/music related? Even trying to find a part time side job is difficult because my resume is all music!! haha. damnit. I think I'll just have to keep on pushing until something comes up... and apply EARLY for seasonal jobs.
Well I've had a day job for the past 4 years but the company just went under so now I'm jobless. I've been hitting up some people I've worked on music for before but nothing has come out of it yet, a lot of "I might have something for you! Lets do lunch!". To be honest I'm not trying very hard nowadays, haha.

Quote:
I will hook you up one day, Dylan, in hopes that you or somebody else will do the same once they strike gold haha.
Deal!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey