View Single Post
Old 2012-09-22, 07:35
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by estringrev
Just checked out Warbringer and was pleasantly surprised.. One of the things I did notice is much cleaner production than a lot of the older stuff. Comes with the territory since technology progresses, but I do think the rougher production of the older material does add a dimension to the music that probably will be lost on newer bands.

Would use the word "nostalgic", but I didn't start listening to any sort of metal till the early 2000's.

Eh, same situation with me. With the exceptions of some Sabbath, Zeppelin, Metallica, and Megadeth type stuff (not radio friendly, but radio acceptable), I didn't really start listening to metal until around 1998. I definitely wasn't getting deep into the thrash stuff until the summer of 1998, starting finding all sorts of tapes and gobbled 'em up like a hungry, hungry, hippo. Nonetheless, I generally think that my occasional preference for a dirty production is just a nostalgic thing. The reason I figure this is that it generally only applies to albums I grew up listening to a lot; old Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Nasty Savage, Nuclear Assault, and so on, but NOT any thrash that I've gotten into the past 5 years or so.