View Single Post
Old 2011-12-28, 20:37
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
I took my Jackson in a few months ago for a complete set-up which included: truss rod fix/action fix (which was set up to optimize my preferred tuning [CGCFGD - Deadhead Roses tuning on every song except acoustic] and string gauge [11s]; action was a bit high as, with your problem, any note beyond the ~10th fret on the 3 high strings was annoyingly sharp), new strings, some new soldering to fix clipping on one of the volume knobs (which I could have done, but didn't think of it), a polish/fret board cleaning all came out to be around $80. Well worth it in my opinion, especially since I was recording at the time. I also got this done on my acoustic, but I really can't remember the cost on that, even though it was only about a month before.

Acoustic basses are warm like an unexpecting mother's womb. I love it. Did you get it for Jebusmas? Its okay if you did, it means you're not a Jew! You see Jews, like Richard, give out like 12 little presents over the course of a week or so so they feel like they spent less money. Wait, right? Or is that the Chinese? No, I think its Kw-Kwan-Quanza? Or maybe its Irishmas. Fuck it, all of them do. Hail Jesus!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey