Thread: Dubstep
View Single Post
Old 2011-11-06, 21:18
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
After having spent around a month exploring Dubstep, I can now say it is one of the most boring fucking genres of electronica. Its all the same. Its all the same. Its all the same. Its a lot like listening to most hardcore/deathcore bands. Its fucking uncreative overkill. Its just meaningless melodies filling the space between generic breakdowns. The "breakdowns" in Dubstep can be awesome, but they all sound the same and you soon realize its embarassingly predictable and not a very fullfulling or forward-thinking genre.

Also (HAHAHA): Korn to release dubstep album

If you're looking for heavy, weird mind-fucking electronica, there's much, much, much better options out there: Exhibit A. Not as "heavy breakdowny" as Dubstep, but oh-so-much more fulfilling, innovated, and interesting. And while I'm on the topic of mental electronica, check out this Aphex Twin track. The ending, around 6:54, is fucking insane, and with the right speaker positioning (headphones or a car, i.e. any scenario when the speakers are to the right and left to you) is seizure inducing. I laugh every time at the rattling it does to my brain. I know it isn't fair to put Richard D. James in the same post as Dubstep (as I don't mean to say "THIS IS WHY DUBSTEP SUCKS!"), I'm just saying because I'm listening to it right now and am slightly intoxicated. I suggest listening to the entire song though, as the theme he bring in around the 2:20 mark is the one that he fucks with at the end. My god the fucking detail RDJ puts into his music!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey