View Single Post
Old 2011-03-19, 14:20
Okay.

Send a message via MSN to blitz906 Send a message via Yahoo to blitz906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
I think the thought behind it being released is the public has a right to see what happened, and I agree with that pretty much. The two decades wait is probably to let the pain and shock subside as much as possible. I personally don't want to see it, but I probably will out of morbid curiosity when it comes out. Fuck, I remember the day that happened, it was surreal. And I don't think anything will make that Budd Dwyer obsolete. Something about that footage makes me feel really, really uncomfortable. Just with the cold quickness he did it, how he did it, the good quality of the footage, and watching the life just drop out of his body.

Yeah I agree with that. The public does have a right to see what happened. And I figured the two decades was probably to let the dust settle. It would be tasteless to release the footage soon after the incident took place. I don't really remember much about the day it happened, but I do have that vivid memory of seeing the two fairly graphic closeups of the perpetrators bodies in the newspaper. Being eleven, it was the first time I had ever seen something so extreme. I was shocked, yet so goddamn fascinated at the same time lol.

Yeah, now that I think about it, I don't think anything would ever make the infamous Dwyer video obsolete. I must have been around late 12/early 13 the first time I saw that. I remember downloading the video through some P2P program (I think it was Morpheus) but the filename was somewhat misleading, it just said something like 'politician pulls gun on live TV'. So I assumed that it was some guy throwing a wobbler and taking hostages or whatever. When I watched the video, I had no idea what to expect, and when he popped himself and hit the ground I was in shock. I just sat there staring at the blood running from his nose/head like a fucking volcano. I started to have a bit of a panic attack and deleted the video immediately. God damn it was difficult to get to sleep that night, haha. Those images just wouldn't stop playing through my head.

Incidentally, were you aware that Budd was a jazz trombonist in his spare time?

Oh, also... in regards to my post above (2011-03-17 23:57) I should have clarified that I do not find child abuse funny. I was actually quite disturbed by what I saw, but it was only the pigtails that made me laugh. I have a very unusual sense of humour in the sense that I can see something totally horrendous (and be disturbed by it) but if there is one small thing about it that's unusual or weird like that, I'll explode with lulz. Talk about mixed emotions. But yeah, in all seriousness, there are two things I'll definitely draw the line with, child and animal abuse.

Well, I hope I cleared that up a bit so I don't seem like a totally revolting person.

Time to make some tea and go drop a brick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one