View Single Post
Old 2011-03-15, 18:20
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to xgrafcorex Send a message via Yahoo to xgrafcorex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
LMAO, it's not as much a down grade as it seems. The roles are completely different and haven't you ever once wished you were in the ranks so you could worry about different things? I know officers have another world of problems so sometimes being enlisted might seem like a vacation... sometimes.

drawn&quartered, it might seem like enlisted get to do the super cool dangerous stuff, but its a hard path to go. If you have the chance to become an officer than I would go for it first. So long as you are not active duty I don't think its to late to transfer branches. I might be wrong but at least find out for yourself. Overall its up to what you want to do at this point. If that means enlisting than cheers. My recruit sister division had a guy with a masters degree, but he enlisted... everyone thought he was crazy but I'm sure he had his reasons. Plus, you are right about the military being all about people; the good and the bad. Without people its just a lot of expensive gear that does nothing. The ego pumping jerks get noticed eventually and suffer what comes to them. Just give it time. Sometimes you have to dig deep to humble yourself, think, and focus on the job.

Well I didn't mean it like that. I meant, if you are going to avoid working with a group..it won't matter either way really.

Yea, I've thought exactly that before. Seeing my guys not get roped up in some of the crap we get caught up in. Then again, I'm also not mustered up for every working party or crawling through the bildges wiping up oil.

There's a different set of problems for every rank. A lot of DIVOs think it will be great to be at Dept Hd and have division officers to push around..but they deal with all kinds of crap we don't have to worry about as much.

In other news, I got orders! Heading out to Yokosuka, Japan to be the Training Officer on another DDG (82). Won't be out there until August though, so hopefully things have gotten better over there by then. The area I'll be living in didn't get messed up very much at all really. Most of the real damage was much further north.