Thread: Movies
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-14, 05:34
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Haha shit man, that's not good. I got a letter about 8 or 9 years ago and haven't gotten one since. Do you take any precautions when you download shit? My letter was specifically about the Mickey Rourke movie "Angel Heart". A good film, but if I'm gonna get busted I'd rather it was for something with a little more prestige, like Spaceballs.

I highly recommend Usenet if you don't already use it. It's anonymous (mostly) and the only people who are in any danger of getting busted are the guys who upload the shit and run the websites. It's not Peer-to-Peer, so there are no snooping movie companies making notes of your IP address and the websites themselves don't keep logs. The only downside is that it's not free, but it's like a month's subscription for the price of a single DVD or album, and you always download at your maximum connection speed. Not too shabby.

Really I thought it was sorta "safe", but shit happens, I was kind of getting ballsy with it before leaving work downloading like 5-7gigs worth of a movies at night. Not to mention the guy in the other room was doing the same. Our ISP might have noticed our high volume of downloads and went WTF?

Thanks for the Usenet info I'll be sure to check in on it.

The guy in the other room didn't have one of his movies flagged. It was all me "Harry Potter the new one" and "True Grit" got me busted.

You mind PMing me a link to Usenet?