View Single Post
Old 2010-12-07, 18:50
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by wapbamboo
I couldn't agree more about developing my own style. I dont want to sound exactly like some other vocalist, but that is a neat little technique that I might be able to fit into a few songs. I am going to be sure to try this out whenever I practice my vocals next.

Do you have any tips on holding notes? That is, I seem to run out of breath pretty quickly when recording. I'm pushing the air from my diaphragm, so my throat never hurts, but I find myself taking breaths more often than I feel like I should be. I'd like to be able to do vocals for longer with less breaths.

Breathing technique is something I myself have trouble with man. I try to take any pauses in my songs to breath in as much as possible and just scream on one breath through the a whole screaming part, if I have to take a breath in a screaming part, I try to do it between words. That'll help with performances but other than that I don't think I can help much.
"We talk about civilization as though it's a static state. There are no civilized people yet, it's a process that's constantly going on... As long as you have war, police, prisons, crime, you are in the early stages of civilization." ~Jacque Fresco