View Single Post
Old 2010-12-04, 11:05
New Blood

I might be able to help you. You are doing psuedo screaming right now. Bullet for my butthole used to do that until their vocalist had complications from the damage it caused to his throat. It is very bad for you.

What you want to do is push that until you feel a vibration from the top/middle of your throat. THAT is fry screaming. Do what you are doing but push the fucking shit out of it and you'll eventually feel the fry.

For false vocal chord screams my only suggestion is to start by making that noise that one makes when they are upset, like an aggressive sigh.

Additionally, there is a series of videos that I recommend to anyone who wants to learn how to scream. This man can explain vocals to you much better than I can through text.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFoKNOExu9U

I perform vocals so I reviewed how this guy explains how to do vocals and he is spot on. He actually taught me how to do fry screaming when I only knew how to do false chords a while back. It is very helpful. Both are very similar and you can often end up intermingling them in your songs on accident if you don't have a lot of experience with both. I used to do that a long time ago :P
Any who, what this guy's videos. I'm sure they'll help a lot.

P.S. he even sort of talks like you :P