View Single Post
Old 2010-11-29, 13:52
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by converge_fan
Close, I am Swedish we are somewhat famous for our weird English accents.

To mention a few bands that I've been told use the fry screaming technique: bring me the horizon, as i lay dying, atreyu, bullet for my valentine, darkest hour (at least on later records), killswitch engage, all shall perish, august burns red, underoath.

So I tried finding a louder way to make a scream. It kinda feels like yelling through my nose while trying to relax the throat and make a rasp by letting air flow through it. I don't know if this is the proper way but at least I am recording this while sort of yelling to loud music. I'm just afraid that I'll kill my vocal cords eventually.

http://www.box.net/shared/in03yrxt0o

Ah! I knew it was either that or Finnish.

Yeah... no wonder I don't like that singing method. What are you doing mixing Converge with all of that? Come on, man! Har.

Anyways, you do sound a little better, but thats probably because of the volume (you also sound farther away). Have you ever yelled at the top of you lungs at someone? And I mean tried to spit fucking fire at them because you were so pissed. Try that, and do it more from the belly. That's pretty much all I can say. Keep practicing and try out a vocal coach.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery