Thread: Kramer Guitars
View Single Post
Old 2010-11-25, 12:32
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Arrow Kramer Guitars

Anyone got one?

I have been checking out vintage Kramer guitars lately, to be more specific: the Kramer Nightswan, Kramer Sustainer and Kramer Pacer Customs series.

My Ran guitar was based on a Kramer Stagemaster with the carved top. I think these vintage Kramers are getting harder to find.

For those who are not in the 'know', Kramer made some awesome (American Made) guitars in the 80's. They used a ESP bodies and necks in the early days as well.
Kramer was the only guitar company offering Original Floyd Rose tremolos stock on their production guitars, a competitive advantage of Kramer over other guitar manufacturers of the period.

After that they made guitars in the Czech Republic, Japan, Korea and China.
The last stuff they made there was utter crap, cheap POS sold by Music Yo or something like that...

Then they suddenly went under the radar in the early 90's. Gibson bought them. Right now they have a website up and they sell their guitars again, looking at their classic model they are made in Korea or something with their licenced Floyds.

The original owner, Gary Kramer started his own guitar company in 2005, which is pretty much based on their old succes, American Made guitars in the style of the 80's. I've been looking into those as well but I'de rather find a good vintage one ..

So anyone with some thoughts about this brand?