View Single Post
Old 2010-05-11, 15:37
Quantum.

Thanks; this is one that I've been chipping away at for some time.

Well, what I did here is that the same lyrics describe both the actual walk, and the little guy who kept station with me, as well as what I was musing about at the time. Okay, this gets convoluted, but hey, that's the whole reason for putting it in words like this!
When picking leaves for a wreath you have to be careful, you don't have much choice but to pick them one at a time from the twig. Same thing, in a way, with humans, we all live only one life and that's it. But add together, let one lifetime connect with another, and another, and another - such as the scientific adventure, or the development of music. And all aspects of everything has a place when you want to understand it - the fragrant wreath of understanding can only be made complete with both the material and sublime. Not clawing each other's eyes out, but complementing.
Yep.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein