Thread: E-drums
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-03, 01:04
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Dystopia
All good man. Yes, sound restrictions would be the MAIN reason I want an electric kid, also, the volume CONTROL (so maybe I want it loud once in a while). I like both acoustic and electric, I basically have 2 acoustics sets that I can never play because my step dad works graveyard and sleeps all day, causing me to only DESIRE playing drums... in silence.

My acoustic aint bad, its just I dont work well with pads. The bass drum is still out of control loud, or the bass drum pad never sits there. An electric kit is just easier for recording and customizing (depending on how good it is) and hell, I may even try out a couple smaller local gigs w/ an E. kit if I get a nice one. The sound may be digital, but my realistic shitty cheap acoustic drums (I have beginner "Enforcer" set and a set of yellow Pearl Exports some guy gave to me for free.... they were sitting in his garage till cobwebs spread on them.)

Yeah, it may not be exactly the same, or have the exact same sound / feel, but playing some of those sets a few of em I actually like the sound and feel.