Thread: E-drums
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-02, 15:34
Noob lud

Electronic kits have their uses i'm sure, but I personally think that they are for complete bitches. If you're serious about wanting to play drums, buy an acoustic set or just play on your own if you already have one. Do you want an electronic set because of sound restrictions? Throw some pads on an acoustic kit. If you take drumming seriously, plan on eventually gigging as a drummer, want a kit with a real "feel", and/or want other drummers to take you seriously, get an acoustic kit; you will thank yourself one day.

I don't see the attraction about hitting a bunch of rubber pads and disks with sticks. For practice it can be ok, but i'd just buy a practice pad kit for much less the cost. Kits with mesh heads can be fun to play on, but they have a very unrealistic feel. The snare may, but toms don't have that much rebound.

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, and I may offend electronic drummers, but i'd just rather have you on the acoustic side is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.