View Single Post
Old 2008-11-03, 05:09
Senior Metalhead

Wink

Thanks for the reply, disinformation.

First of all, I must say that I forgot to mention ENGL, Crate and Randall amps in my first post. Those amps are available here as well.

The thing is, though, that in order to be able to get rid of my Marshall DSL401 combo, I have to either get a Peavey or a Marshall 'cause at the only store where they do part exchange they get amps of those two brands.
I can't afford to buy a new amp and get rid of my Marshall combo myself through some classified ad. It might take years to sell it, and who knows for what price. You know what I mean?

Anyway, what you said about getting a certain guitarist of a certain band's tone is absolutely true. Sure, one can get close but not exactly the same. One should keep that in mind. And I also think one should not be thinking too much about equipment. After all, having fun is the end. Equipment is the means, right?

Yeah, I realise that about the mids being necessary to cut through the mix. I like tones like Suffocation's on the first album, Immolation on their first album, Dying Fetus, Dimebag's tone... stuff like that. I don't know to what extent the mids are scooped in those bands. Maybe they're not entirely scooped after all.

Yes, I agree that trying out different amps and seeing what sounds best to one's ears is the only way to go.
And then besides... one could always tweak the tone with an additional eq pedal or rack module, etc. and there's the speaker cabinets, too.

Thanks again for the reply. One last thing... do you find there's enough gain on your TSL or do you use an overdrive pedal to get more gain?