View Single Post
Old 2008-09-28, 01:15
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
As for the vocals, I'm a pretty decent singer and scream/schreecher but my growls aren't anything special. I don't think I have anything online and I'm too lazy to upload anything so here is a link to that quick song I made making fun of that 'iwrestledabearonce' band which should give you a basic idea of how the quality would sound (though noticeably better as since I didn't EQ any of the instruments on that and it was all the first or second take) and a sample of what my screams sound like. I have some friends that can growl pretty well, so I could have them come in if need be.

I'm digging the quality of the file. It's not perfect, but far better than I thought any of my ever stuff would ever get. The thought that it will sound better than that EQ wise is even more encouraging.

For vox, I'm glad you're a better singer/screecher than growler. I'd infinitely prefer a thin rasp reminiscent of Atheist (esp. Elements era w/effects) to the DM growls of most of the bands I listen to. Even a thrashy rasp like Slayer or Metal Church would be great. Alternatively, something a bit cleaner like Dark Angel or any similar band would suffice, if that's what you or whoever sings is comfortable with. Of course, my music doesn't sound much like Atheist, so maybe Atheist-style vox aren't in order. I'll trust your judgment to fit a proper vocal style with the music.

How fast can you or your friends sing? Just so I know when I'm writing lyrics whether to stay with something mid paced or whether I can cram it in like old Slayer/Pestilence.