View Single Post
Old 2008-07-26, 00:48
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Dystopia
JUNIOR double bass drumset...

For Christmas I wanted to get my nieces (11 and 8, 12 and 9 by C-mas) and nephews (currently 7 and 6) started on instruments. I think I already know what I can do for guitars and bass, although I'm not sure how far out I'm gonna go, but I would like to get at least one of everything. My niece, who is 11 currently, has already played my drums and I tried teaching her some very basic beats. She didn't master 'em but she got better then she was before I taught her a thing or two (o-k, now I'm just rambling!).

I wanted to get a full piece drumset, something like this...

http://www.interstatemusic.com/weba...uctId=900142979

A cheaper one is fine, a nicer one is fine. I only care about the number of pieces. I have but one concern: Double bass.

Does anyone know where I can get a double bass pedal "Kid's sized"? I doubt it. Does anyone know if any instrument dealers are willing to sell just a bassdrum along with a whole other set?

I'm sure some of you are thinking "Start off small, don't splurge," and that's exactly what I'm PROBABLY gonna do, but I want to look at all my options before making the actual buy which will probably be a few months from now.

Thanks.