Thread: Heavy theory
View Single Post
Old 2008-05-25, 11:45
Slayer of dumb cunts

Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Actually, that might do me some good... I'm enough of a newbie not to think specifically about things like locrian mode and suchlike. Could be the thing.
And I don't really think I need to do any lead on this, as the synth already carries a melody - it's just that he writes these classical-ish pieces and I feel that they could reach a higher level, i.e. metal.

Yeah see thats what i figured.

Yeah trust me i know how it is not to know this kinda stuff. I find that once you learn some sort of theory and applying it you can never go back to those days of randomly finding good shit and coming up with "original ideas."

So... the cure i see is learn more and try to apply more. That way it keeps things feeling fresh and it has a little more order than you would normally have.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...