Thread: Vocal Strength
View Single Post
Old 2008-02-27, 04:42
New Blood

Vocal Strength

Hello, I know how to use the diaphram for growling. On good days I sound like Michael from Opeth, and bad days I sound like Corey Taylor from Slipknot lol!

Anyway the question is, how do I improve my vocal strength, I seem to do my full potention for about a couple of minuites or so, until my voice gets dry and raw and then I start feeling pain. I drink alot of water when I practise, but for some reason it isn't working. But yeah, when I growl I feel no pain whatsoever, its when my throat/vocal chords have had enough it goes dry and sore, thus I sound like Corey Taylor lol. I was wondering if anyone knows how to prolounge a long amount of time at their vocal best. Seeing as my growls sound pretty badass before my voice gives up.

I use the vocal fry technique. I was wondering if I am doing it wrong or not. A friend of mine told me that it gets a bit sore quickly because the amount of air I am pushing up its very powerful and that I should really do a warm up.

So what do you guys think? Later on in the day I will record myself and let you see what you think about them.