View Single Post
Old 2008-01-10, 14:01
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz12
Thanks for the advice to everyone!

I am playing an ESP 5-string B-405(EMG actives) and/or Spector Legend Custom 4-string(EMG passive) through a Hartke 250W -15" combo. I can get plenty of volume generally speaking - especially from the Spector - but I think everyone has just confirmed my suspicions - it ME, not the equipment, etc. Practice indeed!!

Still, I stand by the buried bass in seeing various live acts in the past year. I made it a major point to focus on the bass-players, moved all around the clubs to get different sound perspectives, etc. Maybe it was just the venue/PA's.

*as a side the Cliff Burton reference is excellent and something I had forgotten. Being a little er...older, I got to see Cliff play numerous times "back when" beginning with the Kill 'Em All for one tour in '84! Never had trouble hearing Cliff live!

Practice it is! Thanks again to all.

youre probably 100% right about the individual club's sound systems. ive seen suffocation in more than one venue and the difference in the bass sound was noticeable.

thats cool you got to see cliff play. he had a pretty wild tone between the ricky and the wah.