View Single Post
Old 2001-10-05, 15:05
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Send a message via ICQ to memnoch Send a message via AIM to memnoch Send a message via MSN to memnoch
Quote:
Originally posted by wannabe

The lyrics to a lot of NU-Metal is actually meaningful. And kids can Empathize with it. The lyrics are quite unique actually. Yeah al ot of it gets old and cliche, but Death Metal has been like that for as long as I can remember. And does everyone notice how the age of the group who watches MTV gets younger and younger? "The twelve year olds...the ten year olds"...I wonder if they will still be in the womb in the next round.

This is ridiculous.

I bet the majority of their fans ARE in wombs!! hehe, j/k.

But about the lyrics being meaningful.....i agree....somewhat. Not all the lyrics are meaningful, like shit from Limp Bizcrap is horrible, every 2nd word is fuck. But some songs by other bands, maybe 1 out of every 5 songs, has lyrics which today's youth can relate to. Like Korn's song about the girl being raped by her dad. Stuff like that happens a lot today, and if kids see singers singing about it and people of their status who can relate to such horrors, then it makes the kids feel better. I do think the majority of nu-metal type stuff appeals to kids from about 12-15 years old, for the most part. I think at that age the kids like to hear or listen to stuff they can relate to, and know they aren't the only ones going through those hard times....big musicians have also been through it.

Now, as for why i don't like nu-metal. NO SOLOS!!!!!!!!!! Well, not really......i really love Incantation (death metal) and in a few of their songs, there are no solos, and the songs still rule. But other things i don't like about nu-metal is how the bands seem to do anything for money. Each nu-metal type band that comes out releases a cd every year or two, cause they just seem to want to keep making more and more money. Usually the first albums are the best, then because they force themselves (or the writters) to write more music fast, the music's quality goes down a lot.
Another reason is i like heavy sounding music. Maybe 5 years ago when i was starting to like music, i loved stuff like Silverchair and BushX, cause it was "cool" back then. But over the years, my taste in music has gotten heavier and heavier, to a point where anything in standard doesn't appeal to me anymore. I also like the singing in death metal....big growls that immitate power and rage. I'd prefer Corpsegrinder anyday over the Sum41 guy!! But anyways.......i hope that answers your question wannabe....i don't feel like writting anymore!
Justice the founder of my fabric moved
To rear me was the task of power divine
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure
All hope abandon, ye who enter here

Against the concert of the Immortals he cannot stand alone.