View Single Post
Old 2007-08-15, 14:00
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
Oldass thread... Cool stuff.

I've recently discovered something that'll help your wrist tremolo picking a LOT, making it a lot faster and more consistent(read it on another forum).

The trick is to practice a lot of downpicking, not alternate pick as fast as you can with a metronome! Alternate picking with a metronome will get you nowhere.

Practice downpicking as fast as you can as much as you can. You will cramp up. When you do, stop and find a different angle or minor alteration to your wrist pivoting, rest a little and keep doing it. You will find a sweetspot that wont get your wrist/forearm tired as fast. Then keep practicing on that one at a slower comfortable speed and keep practicing it for quite a while, gradually going faster and hold it for like one minute when you reach the max. Rest. When you reach that max keep practicing it with the same position you were using it before.

Do this for 5-10 minutes, relax, then go play something with a lot of tremolo picking, do it all from your wrist and you will notice a HUGE difference. I can't wait to see how it feels if I do this for prolonged periods every single day.

Interesting, I'll have to try that.