View Single Post
Old 2007-06-18, 08:52
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
YOU PLACE IT ON THE STRINGS WHILE PALM MUTING AND ON THE BRIDGE WHEN NOT PALM MUTING DICKHEAD.

If that was supposed to be humorous in any way, you failed. Of course if you were trying to be obnoxious, then man, I give you serious props, cause that was "the shit" in the "annoying remedial, 8th grader " category.

Either way it wasn't amusing, If that's what you were going for. I, however do apologize if I wasn't correct on any of my assumptions, and you had something serious going on in your head (not likely) when you posted that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d5e6f
When I'm playing, where do I put my hand? Do I rest it on the bridge/strings, or should I just be holding it in the air?

If whatever you're doing is working for you now, and your playing is improving, then stick with whatever technique you use. If not, there's always places to read about more standard techniques, whatever that may be.

Truthfully unless you have a teacher, you're going to have to wing it as far as technique goes. Trial and Error.

One thing you should do, is pay careful attention to your technique, and don't stray from it.