View Single Post
Old 2001-10-02, 19:56
Senior Metalhead

Location: Vocation: What's the difference? I'm not telling you anything about me!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kiniric
I'll try not to drone on here, but you see "goth" origionated with black metal. Black metal was created by the band Bathory who was lead by Quorthon. That started goth. In the beggining these concerts were screwed up as all hell as I understand. The crowd would stand dead still while he band played on stage. Then razors would be thrown out into the crowd and people would stand still and cut themselves, which is quite stupid if you think about it. I've been cut with a razor and these cuts don't stop bleeding....so I am guessing everyone just passed out from blood loss at some point....

Goth is mainstream now, the fake goth anyway.

Sorry buddy, but you're wrong. Memnoch is has got the right idea. Goth actually started with The Doors (they messed with it). Goth is not metal, Ace. It is a sub-form of it, but definately not goth. If you ever relate that again, I might kill you. Once again I give you www.deathrock.com. Here are some goth bands. You might want to check out Voodoo Church, Cenema Strange, T.s.o.l., UK Decay, Kommunity FK and shit like that. Those are goth bands. They are not evil and poserish, bubba. They are gloomy and droning..like their music..wow! see how that's relative?! You are a prep..admit it. It's ok. You don't have to be different now. You hang with me.