View Single Post
Old 2007-05-16, 16:00
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
dont you have to buy a mod or some extra electronics for it also?

basically my trigger cost me 40 www.thomann.de best site around for cheap stuff, check the price of eliminators!

back to the subject, i have had a yamaha dtxpress for a few years now, i just use the brain from that. alot of people use the alexis brain due to the retro electric sound it gives. ebay them, not too badly priced, a mic can work as a trigger as well but obviously its not as responsive as a sensor on the head itself. also triggers are so easy to make. buy a thing called a pieso element, it is used in buzzers and stuff like that. i got 5 of the things with loose change i was carrying at the time. loads of tutorials on building electric drums and triggers are online.

after playing a gig a few weeks ago i had a perfect bass sound without triggers. but how often is it that people play gigs in unsigned bands where the sound guys actually give a shit about what the drums sound like?
www.myspace.com/grilledpiss grill that fucking piss, nintendo grind with guitars and shouting.

and if you like stupid videos
www.myspace.com/ecdcaregay

too many myspaces there for ones liking but fuck it everyone else uses and i do need my cool points.