View Single Post
Old 2007-05-15, 11:32
Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Opeth_Rules_All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattered
Ryan from Mudvayne at the moment is actually mainly using a 4 string.. but he was using a 5 on some of the older stuff, he switches between basses im sure..

Good to see you again Tulvox, its been a while.

Actually, here recently is when he started using his B string more. He used a 5 string almost all the time during the L.D. 50 days, but I don't think he ever actually used it. He used it on Mercy, Severity on TEOATTC, and he used it on several songs on Lost and Found. (Examples: Happy, IMN [a lot in that song,] Choices, etc. I know, because I have the Lost and Found tab book. Back when I was in my little nu-metal stage, I was obsessed with them. Now that I'm more of a "true" metalhead, I've lost intrest in most nu-metal. Mudvayne are about the only nu-metal band I care for anymore, and a lot of that is because Ryan Martinie is amazing. (Although they're more alt. metal if you ask me.)

And my best bet would be learning some Dimmu Borgir songs from Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia and on. What Dimmu usually do now-a-days is use a certain type of power chord (can't think of what it's called) where the guitars are tuned standard, and say if it was playing:
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[4 444]
[2 222]
[2 222]

The bass would be playing this on his standard tuned 5 string:
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[0 000]