View Single Post
Old 2007-04-24, 04:19
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic_Fitzravia
Sorry for being a noob but i have a question regarding arpeggios.Lets say that i have D#minor,Aminor,E. i wonder how the arpeggio for D#minor would be..is it by sharping the arpeggio pattern like u shift chords to the right?
In a sense, yes, you can take any Dm arpeggio and shift it one fret up. Or an Em arpeggio and shift it one fret down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic_Fitzravia
if possible provide some arpeggio licks that can be done in this progression.Thanks
Well it depends how long the chords last for and how many notes you want to play per chord. Here's a simple set of licks for all 3 chords (4 notes per chord):
Code:
D#m Am E --6-------------5-4-------|---------------------- ----7---------5-----5-----|----------------------- ------8-----5---------4---|----------------------- --------8-7-------------6-|----------------------- --------------------------|-------------------- --------------------------|-------------------
(Always a good idea to find neat ways of moving from one arpeggio to the next, if you can. In the above I've got a half-step between the last note of one chord and the first of the next.)