View Single Post
Old 2007-04-21, 12:37
New Blood

Send a message via AIM to Force Fed Flesh
Replacment 4x10 speakers...where to buy?>

guys ive been using a 4x10 Behringer 1000 watt cab for maybe 4 months now on/off for studio practice...........ive always heard bad shit about aluminum cones and didnt want them in the first place but got a good deal on the cab...either way it sounded pretty decent...maybe a bit rumbly at times but loud enuff

anyways ive ALREADY had to return this cab once before cuz 1 of my speakers just shattered around the edges .......the aluminum cones are built so cheaply they come apart rather easy from the speaker housing itself.......so last night i blew the 2 TOP speakers...they cracked and seperated around the edges......

im playing thru the Yamaha Digital 500W bass head into that 1000w 4x10.behringer...........now, im NOT gonna exchange this for another one i just want to swap the speakers to something good and NON aluminum.......just want some clean, loud no frills bass

the speakers are 4ohm and 240watts each..........can anyone recomend good speakers i can swap into my cab?....or a good place i can find some good replacement bass amp speakers?...help is much appreciated

thanx

anthony