View Single Post
Old 2007-04-17, 17:33
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianiastheshit
I haven't seen Decapitated yet, but Necrophagist is awesome live. They were tight as fuck in Toronto on their tour with CC and Fetus.

Are you basing your opinion on a bad experience or just a general dislike for the band?

Believe it or not, I like both bands. I'm not one to condemn Necrophagist for being overly technical, or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death By Monkeys
I saw Necrophagist a few weeks ago, and they sounded nearly perfect. Don't believe the lies!

They're certainly very tight, but they're kinda boring. No stage presence whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmotPoker
Have you seen either of these bands live? you tube videos dont count.

I just saw Necrophagist at the california metal fest and they kicked ass.

I've seen 'em both, otherwise I wouldn't have made the comment. I saw Necrophagist with Dying Fetus in Novemeber, and Decapitated with Suffocation soon thereafter. As I mentioned above, Necrophagist played extremely tight, but they lack stage presense. Conversely, Decapitated just plain sucked when I saw 'em live. I dunno if they were drunk or something, but their timing was way off, and they were missing notes left and right.

Again, I'm a fan of both bands, so this comes from personal experience, not any sort of stupid vendetta against 'em, as I like 'em both.