View Single Post
Old 2007-03-26, 16:40
Senior Metalhead

I ordered lots of crap from redco.
Code:
Products Ordered: RED 12/2 Redco 12/2 Speaker Cable Quantity : 20 Price : US$0.45 W2792 Mogami W2792 Low Noise Mic Cable Quantity : 18 Price : US$0.50 RED INSTALL Redco Balanced Install Cable Base price US$0.12 Features/Options: Choose 1266A Color Yellow Quantity : 50 Price : US$0.12 RED INSTALL Redco Balanced Install Cable Base price US$0.12 Features/Options: Choose 1266A Color Blue Quantity : 50 Price : US$0.12

Had to keep it under 30 to skip customs. Redco 12AWG speaker cable from amp to cab (i can't really tell a difference between brands that are considered "decent"), 100 feet of Redco Install Cable (again, can't really hear much difference on high-voltage low-impedance signals, i.e. anything after the preamp) in fun colors, and two con + shield high-impedance ready cable (almost just the same as Soulinsane's, just balanced which means i can run semi-balanced and get NO NOISE, and no real thick plastic insulation). Not as sturdy as 2524, but in a studio, it doesn't matter. Better specs too (on paper). This has been one of the top workhorses in professional recording studios for guitars, high-Z mics and the like for many years, and it sounds pretty damn amazing. Low capacitance / foot and hardly any resistance makes this a very clear and bright (good bright, not "thin"-bright) cable. The shield is a fucking madman, with a served shield of about 95/0.12A there's just no HF noise getting into this bastard. I can't fathom why they sell this so cheap. It's not the cable to bring on the road, but it's unbeatable in the studio and at home if you can manage not to dance on top of it.