View Single Post
Old 2007-03-14, 06:13
Slayer of dumb cunts

Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Kinda both pretty much. The amount of data gathered may be a lot, but it is only for a short period of time. We don't know how the Earth works over thousands of years. I'm no geologist, but the 'substantial evidence' is only concerned with about... 200? or so years? (since detailed, 'modern' recordings began). The climate may fluctuate unpredictably (which it pretty much does) and that evidence may simply be temporary changes and nothing long term at all.

The B. response... We haven't been around to experience the changes, and this has a bearing to Belphegors
"and before you give me the shit about "oh, well the temp of the planet has risen 1 degree in the last five years", just be hush for a minute. Do you really not believe that earth cycle changes can have a much more profound impact on weather than our use of aqua net?"
Yet he's talking about Earth cycle changes like the Sport.

Not even close man. I recommend taking a basic physical geology class. you'd be amazed at the information gathered, and its just an intro class. We have extremely solid evidence towards a little over 3.5 billion years. When you start getting close to 4 billion it begins to get hazy because of crust that was reheated again and again in the predicted early stages of the earth. This is called the Hadean eon which goes back to about 4.5 billion years.

In regards to weather and climate we have more evidence than you can possibly fathom over the years. Evidence of glacier weathering, reheated elements, areas that originally contained flowing water or ice and all sorts of other things.

Hell we even have dated the shifts in the electromagnetic poles of the planet via cooled magma containing magnetic materials and their alignment across the globe.

I definitely recommend taking a class or picking up a geology book.

200 years? PFFF. You could pick up random rocks dated well beyond 200 years if you wanted to. Hell if you wanted to do some digging you could easily find sand/silt/mud stone containing fossils of organisms millions of years old.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...