View Single Post
Old 2007-03-12, 20:29
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me himself
Yeah, but I don't think the idea of preventing things like volcanos or tsunamis, etc. ever really stood as a consideration for very long. The way I see it, why not look at all sides of situations like this? Is overpopulation not but another threat to our existence as a species? Why not welcome with open arms a few volcanos, tsunamis, tornadoes, and other natural disasters to do as they will? (...as if we had any choice to begin with) A gift from our dear earth to prolong the human with natural population control. And sure, like you said, let natural selection take its course.

Exactly. The reason we don't "welcome with open arms" the many natural disasters this Earth provides is because of our need to survive. See a tree beginning to fall towards us; we jump out of the way. See a tornado in the distance; get to a basement. When most people hear how much Global Warming is going to affect our weather, their need for survival kicks in and what do we do? We make hybrid cars, we recycle, we do whatever we can to "save the world," despite the fact that this Global Warming isn't all caused by us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
Also belphegor79 i think comparing dinosaurs to us is fundamentally flawed in almost every single way, and it seems a lil naive to think that just because climate destroyed the dinosaurs that it will happen to us. In my opinion.

Extreme climate changes like those caused by a meteor crashing into the Earth can and did kill a dominant species like the dinosaurs. If a similar catastrophe happened to us and we survived, that just means that we are still strong enough to live and that there is no need to make room for something stronger.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.