View Single Post
Old 2007-02-13, 00:32
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
What? haha You just counter what you said.

Is the nature and/or sound of hte music not part of the INTENSITY? haha.

And i would most definately disagree saying that melo death has the tiniest bit of the "intensity" of death metal. For one you'll have a hard time finding blast beats except in small locations maybe, depending on a select few bands, where as its very common in death metal. Hell not to mention lets just talk BPM. I would gather to say most Dark Tranquillities bpms are probably in the 170-185 range.

When I say intensity, I mean that in-your-face, take-it-as-it-is feeling and energy that most brutal death metal has. Combine that with the harmony and serenity of melodic metal and BAM, you've got melodic death metal.

I don't need blast beats being played at 260 bpm for music to be intense. Agoraphobic Nosebleed is like that and I don't get that same feeing of intensity (Ahtough it is there); it's just regular grindcore I sometimes need to take the edge off.

Just put in some Dark Tranquillity, Amon Amarth, or Death (I know they aren't classified as melo death, but I believe them to have some melodic overtones, and they're awesome), and I'm in heaven.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.