View Single Post
Old 2007-02-11, 13:05
Slayer of dumb cunts

Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus
DR strings are fucking shit, they sound good in the beginning but they break fucking fast (I have some cheap Vinci strings currently 009-048 and I've tuned them to fucking A and they never break, been using them for over a month now).

I can't recommend anything though as I've only tried DR, D'addario, Vinci and Ernie's Balls, I had some Ernie's Balls somthing to-054 lasted for 2-3 months, and problaby would even longer if I didn't change them. They start ringing in some weeks though but they sound really good even when they're old. Might be my pickups though that can't pickup any difference though as well.
I also tried to break them on purpose, nearly impossible, I sat for 5-15 minutes and picked as hard as I could, tuned as high as I could be bothered, held the guitar by the strings, and lots more bullshit, because I was going to try DR one last time, which of course broke within the week.

I'm using DRs and they most definately do not break fast. I've probably have had the same strings on my Charvel for probably 6 months. I'm way over due for a string change. I must say i enjoy DR 11s quite much.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...